Create View And Copy Settings

Hardus

HI,

I created a database with 68 fields and then 10 Views based on the main table with different columns each. I am busy manually copying over all permissions and form field names. Is there an easier way to do this? The fields are different in the different views, I tried copying from the main table but it says they not equal.

[pre]
You are using DaDaBIK version 9.2.1-Monterosso enterprise, installed on 01-10-2019 (installation code: ), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 9.2.1-Monterosso released on 12-19-2018

You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK

PHP Version: 7.2.10-0ubuntu0.18.04.1

mysql version: 5.7.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.1

Web server: Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu)

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/71.0.3578.98 Safari/537.36
[/pre]

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
for the form configurator, you can copy the settings only among identical tables/views, there isn't any other built-in copy.
Question: why do you have so many views? Maybe you can reduce the number of views and set the field permissions (hide/show) according to the group?

Best,

Hardus

I have the views as we have a process flow.

I have the main table as all the fields and sub views to show only the views of the department.

Each view also has conditions attached to them for example:

Under the main clients view and agent captured in the information and as soon as they are done they change the transfer field to Yes and the record appears under the confirmation department, as soon as they done filling in their fields, they mark it as Done and it disappears from their list and appears on the next flagging department list and so on, its not just fixed by permissions.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I see. One thing you can do if the views have a subset of the fields of the original table (not sue if you can in your situation) is to create the VIEW with the same fields of the original table (this allows the form configurator copy) and then remove the fields you don't need from DB synch AFTER having copied the form configurator settings. BEFORE doing the DB synch you have to drop the view and re-create it with the subset of fields you need.

Best,

Hi Eugenio,
Could you please explain HOW to copy the form configurator settngs for a view which is a copy of the table - I can't find it anywhere.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
which DaDaBIK edition? You can do it from the form configurator, DaDaBIK Enterprise/Platinum only.

Best,