Can I extend the dadabik_users table with fields & FK ?

sorin

Hi,

I'm a newcomer on the dadabik world. I'm sorry for my questions if they are uninspired.

I created a test database for my first app. Instead to create my own user table (and replace the settings from the config) I want to use the dadabik_users table for my tests.
Can I extend the dadabik_users table with fields and foreign keys ?

I created two field Country_ID and Language_ID that point to the my tables Countries and Languages.
Also I created few FK from other tables that point to the dadabik_users table.
I updated the dadabik_user table using DB Synchro from the DaDaBIK application.

Now:
In the users page from the admin menu I can't see the new fields. Even more, when I click on the edit icon/link the edit page isn't displayed.
Also I can't found the Admin/users page to edit it like any other page.

Is a bad idea to reuse your dadabik_users table ?
Can I customize the Admin/users page or I need to create a new page and replace the current Admin/users page with the new created page ?
Is allowed to replace the Admin/users page ?

You are using DaDaBIK version 9.2-Monterosso pro, installed on 12-13-2018 (installation code: 141815c1237344ba8d), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 9.2-Monterosso released on 11-07-2018

You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK

PHP Version: 5.6.31

mysql version: 5.6.37

Web server: Apache/2.4.27 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.1.0f PHP/5.6.31

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
it should work, at least starting from DaDaBIK 8.2 Lerici.
If the installation is the result of an upgrade from DaDaBIK < 8.2, it won't work, but I guess in your case you installed from scratch, am I right?

Was the result of the db synchro correct? I mean, it says it added two fields? Did you add the correct permissions for the fields?

Best,

sorin

Hi,

>>If the installation is the result of an upgrade from DaDaBIK < 8.2, it won't work, but I guess in your case you installed from scratch, am I right?
Yes

>> Was the result of the db synchro correct?
Yes

>>I mean, it says it added two fields?
Yes

>>Did you add the correct permissions for the fields?
No, but now (after I changed the permisions) I can see the detail page, I can edit the user but I can't see the new fields and, of course, I can't add a new user because the FK (that I added on the dadabik_users) don't meet the right condition

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure what you mean: what is the right condition?
When you say FK you mean you created a select_single field in the users table pointing to a lookup table? Which permissions did you set? When I asked if you added the correct permissions I meant the permissions for the two fields, not the permissions for the table.

Best,