Error codes or popup for custom buttons

ryno

Hi Eugenio

Thirst of all, I like the new version of DaDaBIK.

I have look on the forum, but cannot see any topic that might discuss this question.

I am creating a couple of custom buttons. In the code for the button, I want to do some tests based on values in the database. For example, if you button has already been clicked for a specific month, then it needs to give an error or alarm to the user and do not run the rest of the code.

I did put a test at the top of the code and exit with 'return false'. This works and the rest of the code is not executed. I also did put an entry in the Language file for the functionname_not_valid, but this do not give me a message on screen. I am not sure if this will work the same way as for validations functions.

The button is on the 'details_page' page and after the button code has been executed , failed or successful, it takes me back to the grid-view for the table.

Do you have any idea how I can get a message back to the user?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Ryno,
to directly interact with the user, you should use a javascript custom button (not sure if you are using a javascript or a PHP button); you can write your own javascript code to build a popup, there isn't any built-in messaging function.

functionname_not_valid does not work for custom buttons.

Best,