field order in default result page

FRW

Is it possible to get another field order on the result page than on the insert (or detail) form?
I know about to show the fields or not, but I want to have a different order to show.

Hardus

Forms configurator -> (*) Position (order)

(*) Position (order):
The position of this field in the form (e.g. 2 means the field will be the second field in the form). When you specify a new position, all the other field positions will be shifted correctly. This also affects the datagrid order.

FRW

Thxs, I know this.

I want to have a differnet order from the input form in the result page. F.e. : Name, Car, City in input form to show as Car, Name, City in the result grid

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
It is not possible; you can, however, create a view and set different order for it, don't know if this can work in your case though.

Best,

FRW

It works, but not usefull in my case.
If I create a view, the buttons for "edit" and "details" will only show the fields, the view contains. My wish was to configure the whole fields with permissions (as it is now) and to have (f.e.) another field "Position order on result page".

This is the background:
I have made an field order in the insert form that is based on a paper-form to fill in, but I want to show the table of results in a more logical view. Details and Editing of all fileds (according to permissions) should be possible from this result table

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
this is not possible at the moment. My suggestion is to post it in the feature requests forum
https://dadabik.com/forum/list.php?2

A possible workaround (don't know if it works) is to create a VIEW containing all the fields of the table and repeating some of the fields e.g.:

create view customers_2 as select name as name_1, address as address_1, city, country, name as name_2, address as address_2, ... from customers

The idea is to use, for example, name_1 in the insert form and name_2 in the results grid: in this way you can treat the same field differently (and, therefore, also have different orders).

Best,