Display views or tables as a dialog

taubes

Hi Eugenio,

Thanks for the great updates in 9.2. I have a question how to open up a dialog window that contains a view or table:

Basically I would like to use a just the edit window without the left_side_menu/drop_down_menu and without the header with the logo and the language selection in a separate dialog window. So when I click a button for instance in the results grid I want to open an edit dialog box on a specific record which contains a view which allows me to edit some but not all information.

Is this possible without modifying any of the main text. I noticed an API setting that can be added to the URL that allows me to open just the edit container but this also removes the CSS settings. Is there an easy way of doing this?

Thanks so much,

Stefan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DaDaBIK version 9.2-Monterosso enterprise,
PHP Version: 5.6.37
mysql version: 5.7.23
Web server: Apache/2.4.34 (Unix) PHP/5.6.37
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_1)
AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.0.1 Safari/605.1.15

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Stefan,
I don't think it would be an easy hack; if I have well understood, when the user clicks on the edit button (or on an additional button) instead of loading the edit form you would like a popup edit form, am I right?
Probably you can achieve some results by using a custom javascript button that opens the popup with the URL of the edit form as a source, but at the moment there isn't any parameter you can use to hide the menu and the footer, the API setting you saw is not suitable for this purpose.

Can I ask why you need that? In terms of user workflow, open a popup edit form or load the edit form in current page shouldn't change much.

Best,