How to Remove X Delete button from Classic Grid

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
You mean removing the delete permission? From admin->permissions you set delete: NO for the groups you want to remove the delete permission.

DLJonsson

Not exactly.

I would like to remove the delete X from the results page, and keep the delete function in the edit page.

Via the Permissions page setting Delete = "No" removes the X from the results page and the edit page both.

DLJonsson

Hi

On the classic grid -- every row starts with

[Edit Icon] - [X Delete Icon] - [Details Icon] - Followed by the designated columns for that row.

Is there someway to disable the
[X] delete icon from the classic grid?

DLJonsson

I can see now that its possible under Datagrid templates
to create ones own grid layout
including or excluding delete_link and other options.

No reply needed.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
I am still not sure about question, for the classic datagrid, if you remove the delete permission, the delete button disappears, that's the only thing you need to do.

Best,

DLJonsson

The delete permission appears to remove any possibility of deleting a record for specific accounts/users.

The problem we have is that the X button is too volatile on the primary entry to the record on the grid.

If the delete button isn't there how else can the row/record be deleted?

Or are we limited to excluding/including delete privilege to specific accounts.

Is it possible to delete via the edit form?

A workaround we can manage is to have a delete tag [X] check box as an added field then
later delete such records by an admin, rather than data entry personnel.

In any case I'm just seeking general insight into how the mechanism works, to best configure
the app.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I see. Yes, the delete button is only there (it asks confirmation before deleting, though).
A delete button in the edit form is in our todo list but at the moment is not an available option.

Best,

Stephan-H

To hide the x button in grid view, add the following css code to styles_screen_custom.css:

CSS:
/* hide the Delete all button in grid view to prevent accidents */
div.grid-status a.btn-delete {display:none;}

Works in DaDaBIK version 11.12-Elba enterprise.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
I still don't get why hiding the button in CSS when you can just remove the delete permission.

Stephan-H

As far as I have understood correctly, the aim is to prevent someone from accidentally deleting all the data records in the grid. However, it should be possible to delete individual data records.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
You probably mean the "delete all" button, that can be disabled by setting $enable_delete_all_feature = 0.
The original post referred to the standard delete X button on the individual records.