Dadabik 9 --> ioncube

Hi Eugenio,

unfortunately I can't give you my installation info because it is not possible to install Dadabik 9 at my Hosting Provider, due to Ioncube which isn't installed there. Why did you make this a prelimitation for Dadabik and not optional? Any of the providers we use for clients offers this, as far as I know. Is there a way to run Dadabik 9 without it?

Best wishes
Andreas

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Andreas,
I have explained the reasons in the v.9 Monterosso announcement:

https://dadabik.com/index.php?function=show_post_details&ID_message=99

Ioncube is now very popular and the loaders are now installed by default by many hosting services; if they are not installed by default, in the vast majority of the cases you can easily install them. Several popular PHP applications have adopted ioncube in the last years.

Have you tried to contact your provider to ask for the installation?

Best,

Hi Eugenio,

thanks for your quick reply. I just sent an E-Mail to our provider according to ioncube, that isn't available right now on our webspace. Under no circumstances we will change our provider since we are very satisfied with their support over many years. All our customers with Dadabik-Applications have this provider, too. So, in case the provider won't support it, we will have to quit working with Dadabik, which is sad, because we have several requests for new applications. But I also understand your concern to initiate ioncube. Bad luck for us.

Best wishes from Germany
Andreas

Hi Eugenio,
I now managed to configure ioncube properly on our hosting account (see configuration below).
It is possible to use it but on every page and inside of every form the following error message is shown:

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /kunden/174358_70794/rp-hosting/5658/6658/Sonstige/cms-info/include/business_logic.php on line 0

If there are for example 3 entries on a frontend page, this error is shown 3 times.
How can we get rid of this error?
There is a forum entry according to this error, but it's in Italian.

Thanks in advance
Andreas

You are using DaDaBIK version 9.0-Monterosso enterprise, installed on 08-10-2018 (installation code: 0), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 9.0-Monterosso released on 07-05-2018
You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK
PHP Version: 7.2.3
mysql version: 5.6.19-67.0-log
Web server: Apache
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 11_4_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.0 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Andreas,
I am glad you found a solution for ioncube.

About the other problem, it is not ioncube-related, it's a warning that appears when you use php 7.2, it should't affect the functionalities of DaDaBIK but we'll fix it soon.

Best,

Hi Eugenio,
thanks for your reply. So, does that mean, that I cannot use PHP7.2 at the moment without causing the errors? It's not possible to work this way because you have to scroll a lot after the several error messages to see the actual entries in long lists. Which PHP version will work the best together with Dadabik 9 and ioncube?

Best wishes
Andreas

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
the problem arises just with PHP 7.2

We have just fixed it and in the next few days a silent upgrade to DaDaBIK 9 will be released. I'll let you know on this post.

Best,

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
Is there a way to set it so warnings like this are not displayed on Production systems but only development environments e.g. by checking if you are running on localhost?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
the patched version is not ready yet.

Normally you don't see those messages in a production environment, in most of the cases production servers are set to log (and not show) the warnings. You should ask to your hosting provider about that.

In the meantime, you can avoid displaying of warning and notice adding this line at the end of config.php (before the ?> line):
error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_WARNING & ~E_NOTICE);

Best,

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
I silent upgrade that fixes the warnings have been published, I'll create a separate post on this to avoid confusion.

Best,