granular permissions on an installed but not enabled table

dh

Is it possible to set granular permissions on a table or view that is installed but not enabled?

I use some master/detail views that invoke a view from a different (let's call it the "first") instance of dadabik. The underlying MySQL database is the same. So I am able to install the view from the first instance in the second instance, but I don't want that view *enabled* in the second instance -- I just want a results table from that view to appear in master/details.

Formerly, all my instances of dadabik were non-authenticated and I did not bother with granular permissions so the view permission was set in the form configurator and I had no problem doing what I want to do.

Now that the public_user is available (yay!) I'm authenticating all instances and I'm using granular permissions to differentiate the public_user from the root/admin user. But in this framework, I find I can't set view permissions for a table or view that is not enabled.

Is there any workaround? For example, is there a way to enable the view from the first instance but *not* have it appear in the table-selection menus for the second instance?

Thank you!

---

You are using DaDaBIK version 9.0-Monterosso enterprise, installed on 07-20-2018 (installation code: 0), the latest version of DaDaBIK is released on --

You are not running the last release of DaDaBIK, the release you are running might have bugs and security holes, see the official change log for further information. You can upgrade DaDaBIK here.

PHP Version: 7.2.8

mysql version: 5.6.39

Web server: Apache

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.1.2 Safari/605.1.15

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
how did you implement the two instances, did you follow the instructions in the "How to share the same database between two or more DaDaBIK applications" chapter of the documentation, including the use of $prefixes_to_exclude?

Best,

dh

Yes, I do use different prefixes for the different instances. I do not bother with "exclude" -- I just install or de-install manually whatever I need. This view I need from a different instance would show up fine if I enable it, but I don't want to enable it -- just see it in a master/detail view.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
ok, now I have understood better the situation: you cannot use a table without enabling it but you can, however, remove the read permissions for that table to avoid listing it in the menu (and you can still use it as a source for a master/details).

Best,