Auto increment issue on details table

Hi, first time post so i will try to be complete. I have a master - detail form set up that seems to work fine. I notice, however, that even though in MySQL, I have a primary key field and that field is set to auto-increment on the detail table, when I add a detail record, it seems that key field is almost random. Here are a few screen shots. It might make it easier to describe.

1. Detail table
3.PNG

2. This is what I am adding
4.PNG

3. And this is the detail table after. You would think the next record is 10 but it seems to be random digits.
5.PNG

I am afraid that it might try to add a record with an ID that is already in the db, but more important, it seems the ids are very long. Anything that I should check for? In Digging around, I found out that 2147483647 is the largest INT allowed in MySQL, and I can reset my auto-increment, but then it happens again. Any help would be very appreciated!!

-Craig

About/Check upgrade

DaDaBIKâ„¢ is a product conceived and developed by Eugenio Tacchini
Copyright ©2001-2017 Eugenio Tacchini
dadabik.com

You are using DaDaBIK version 8.2-Lerici enterprise, installed on 01-13-2018 (installation code: 132615a5a2e73bf85b), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 8.2-Lerici released on 12-19-2017

You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK

PHP Version: 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.22

mysql version: 5.5.58-0ubuntu0.14.04.1-log

Web server: Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu)

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/63.0.3239.132 Safari/537.36

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
the fact that you are in a master-details form shouldn't impact on this behaviour.

Have you set the field type in dadabik as unique_id? If yes, this could be the problem. You don't want a unique_id generated by dadabik so you should keep the field type as text.

Best,