select_multiple_menu values in csv-export

Hi Eugenio,

I have a table "events". Inside of this table there is one field "participants". In my form this field allows me to assign multiple participants that come from a different table "participants". In the database this results in multiple entries divided by the "~"-character. In the Dadabik-table-view the first name and name are shown without a divider thanks to defining a lookup table for the values.
When I now export the table "events" I get a mixed up Excel sheet (I enabled the excel-export ($export_to_csv_feature = 1;)) because the multiple "participants"-values of a single event aren't obviously properly divided from another. Everey participant of an event creates a seperate line in the Excel file and is not put into a single field together with the other participants for that single event.
I also tried to export as native .csv ($export_to_csv_feature = 0;) but the problem remains.
How can I achieve it to get a proper Excel-formatting of multiple values in one cell?

Thanks in advance!
Best wishes
Andreas

You are using DaDaBIK version 8.1-Lerici enterprise, installed on 11-12-2017 (installation code: 124685910a21b35192), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 8.2-Lerici released on 12-19-2017
You are not running the last release of DaDaBIK, the release you are running might have bugs and security holes, see the official change log for further information. You can upgrade DaDaBIK here.
PHP Version: 7.0.25
mysql version: 5.7.20
Web server: Apache/2.4.29 (Unix) PHP/7.0.25
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
it should work, the values should be divided by a new line and excel normally interprets that correctly.
I have just made a test and everything seems to work correctly.

Can you paste here the content of the CSV (please export only one record)?

About $export_to_csv_feature: the only way to export to CSV is to set this parameter to 1.

Best,

Hi Eugenio,
thanks for your reply.

The first two lines of the csv-Export ($export_to_csv_feature=1):
The first line includes the column-titles, the second "line" the first entry:

"Titel";"Handlungsfeld";"Mitarbeiter";"Dauer";"Datum";"Beschreibung";"Teilnehmer"
Projekteinstieg;Projekteinstieg;Müller Dörte;2,0;01.01.2000;Erstbefragung, Datenaufnahme usw.;Mustermann Max
Musterfrau Monika
Doe John
Doe Johanna

Forms configurator:
pic1.jpg

Table edit:
pic2.jpg

Do you have any idea what is wrong?
Thanks in advance
Andreas

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
It's strange the values are not in quotes, it should be:

"Projekteinstieg";"Projekteinstieg;Müller";....

did you change anything in the dadabik code?

Hi Eugenio,
Now that you mention it I remember that I retrieved the code once. But I am not sure about having changed something. I will have a look at it. I will exchange the corresponding file with the latest version and see if this changes something.
Thanks for your reply.
Best wishes
Andreas