Create Menu Enter Data to Same Column More Than Once

BuffaloRandall

So say I have the below table named ScheduleChange. (PK) representing the Primary Key and (FK) representing Foreign Keys.

ScheduleChangeID (PK)
Location (FK) (Table with names of our stores)
Submission Date
Processed Date
Processed (FK) (Just a table with Yes or No)
Changes (FK) (Just a table with Yes or No)
Absent Employee
Absence Code (FK) (Table with codes for the absence reason)
ShiftChangeEmployee
ShiftChangedTo
ReasonChanged (FK) (Table with codes for the reason of schedule change)
Notes

Submissions are to be based on Location. But there may be multiple employee schedule changes per location. Is there a way to have Dadabik display multiple text boxes for the same column so users wouldn't have to do an insert for each employee at that location? To try and clarify have multiple Asbent Employee and Absence Code fields. I know I could probably do this by having a column AbsentEmployee2 followed by referencing the FK AbsenceCode again, but I am wondering if there is a better way within Dadabik? It would be especially cool if it could be dynamic where you could click an add button to drop down another field (that I realize may be asking a bit much)

You are using DaDaBIK version 8.1-Lerici enterprise, installed on 11-25-2017 (installation code: 131125a19965b66992), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 8.1-Lerici released on 09-05-2017

You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK

PHP Version: 7.0.22-0ubuntu0.16.04.1

mysql version: 5.7.20-0ubuntu0.16.04.1

Web server: Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu)

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/62.0.3202.94 Safari/537.36

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
I am not sure I have understood the situation: I guess that if you have multiple employees, also other fields need to be changed (e.g. ShiftChangedTo). Anyway I think the best way would be splitting the data into two tables linked by a master/details view.
You can also evaluate the select_multiple_menu field type, maybe it is useful for your case.

Best,