Couple of Questions - Guidance Please and Thanks!

Hello - I have DaDaBik running and I'm looking at some next steps and I'm wondering if anyone can help provide guidance to me for a handful of items.

First Item - Cascading Grid - How would an example of this work? My situation would be something like this.

Table - Single Field Called Record Type, individual values for example, Vendor, AP, Retail, etc.

If I select Vendor, I want to return a different table, AP a different table, etc.. Is there a way to do this or maybe an example of how to do this?

Second Item - Is there a way to directly open a grid and set a filter based on parameters? Or Parameters in the URL?

Third Item - I see some file upload and download type items, is there a way to open a file in a UNC path? Or how can I translate the UNC path to be opened? They are usually image files but could be pdf or possibly a text document. Any guidance here would be greatly appreciated!

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
please publish a single post for each support request and always specify your environment (DaDaBIK version and all the other info requested).

1) What do you mean with cascade grid, are you referring to cascade drop-down menu?

2) It is not possible, you can use VIEWS if you want a grid already filtered

3) I am not sure if I got the question, but the files you uploaded using DaDaBIK are stored in the file system and you see/download them from the application itself, there isn't any exposed file path.

Best,