Forms Features

kiksekage

This might be covered elsewhere but I am trying to get an overview of what I can do with the forms. How advanced can I get with the user interface? Can I make buttons?

For example, let's say I have a table "Tasks" with columns A B C:

[pre]
A: Location ID
B: Task (varchar)
C: Finished (date/time)

Rows:
100 "Clean floors in kitchen" [null]
100 "Empty trash bins" [null]
[/pre]

The Location ID references a separate table.

Could I have a page that shows a list of rows from "Tasks" for a specific location assigned to the user and each task (row) has a button that says "Complete". When the user clicks "Complete", the current date/time is recorded for that row, in the Finished column. Ideally, that row would then disappear or at least, the button for "Complete" would no longer be there.

This would be preferable to having the user set the "Finished" date/time field manually.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
please always specify your environment (DaDABIK version and all the other info requested).

It seems you can use a master / details view; here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXraN_5extw (from minute 17:30) you can see how to implement it.

It is not possible to add a custom button as the one you mentioned; you could use a simple drop down menu that specifies the "status", similar to the one used in the online demo n.1 -> sales -> quotes.

Best,

Hello,

Where in the CSS do I change the background to white?

Thank you!

graybgf.jpg

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
please always specify your environment (DaDABIK version and all the other info requested).

Please create a new thread in the forum for each support request.

Best,