SELECT DISTINCT

T

Terry George

Has anyone managed to integrate a SELECT DISTINCT function into DaDaBIK allowing the distinct contents of a field to be displayed as an option ?
Many thanks
Terry

J

JC

Terry,
MY English is not good, but I will try to help.

It is probable that when selections search by "Anyone of the fields", then some other filter exists that you have not entered contained some, but you have a selection by defect " " and in the table that registry also has" ", which makes fulfill the condition and these unexpected registries are such that they appear in each consultation that becomes in way "Anyone of the fields".

To my I go that and I had to change of value to those registries, so that they are different from the value by defect of the filter of the search form.

En Castellanos es ....
Es probable que cuando selecciones busqueda por "Cualquiera de los campos", exista algún otro filtro que no hayas ingresado contenido alguno, pero tengas una selección por defecto " " y en la tabla ese registro también tenga " ", lo cual hace cumplir la condición y estos registros inesperados son los mismos que aparecen en cada consulta que se hace en modo ""e

A mi me paso eso y tuve que cambiar de valor a esos registros, para que sean diferente al valor por defecto del filtro del formulario de busqueda.

JC

J

JC

Sorry, forget it.

If you're using "Option to include", don't forget to put "~~" firts in the content of value, because this will be generate this type of problem...

see in "http://www.devarticles.com/art/1/200/4"

E

Eugenio

Terry George wrote:
>
> Has anyone managed to integrate a SELECT DISTINCT function
> into DaDaBIK allowing the distinct contents of a field to be
> displayed as an option ?

If you use select_single with foreign key, DaDaBIK automatically use a SELECT DISTINCT query in order to build the drop-down menu.

Eugenio.

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 2.2.1)