Remaining fields in Form Configurationa after table and data deletion

francdelvera

Hi
I add a field (let's call it Value1) in a table Project. This field was linked to table Amounts by a primary key. Table Amounts contained only 2 fields (id, amount).
I had to delete the table Amounts and all its data. I also deleted the field Value1 from table Project. But for some reason it still shows on the Forms Configurator under Table/View and Field as Project.Value1
This creates a primary key issue. I don't know where to find the way to remove this field from the Forms Configurator.
I checked all tables in the MySql and can't find any trace of Value1 in any table.
Thanks for your help

francdelvera

Problem solved. The table dadabik_forms still had the fields forms in it, even after deleting the table, the fields from the main Project table. I removed it manually and now it's working.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
I think it's your first post here.
As explained in the post creation form, you have to specify your environment in your message: DaDaBIK version, browser, operating system, DBMS, Web server, otherwise not only it's difficult to provide support but this post could be misleading in the future because it's not clear which DaDaBIK version refers to.

If you are using the latest (11.6) version, and you deleted the tables and the field using DaDaBIK (data page), it's impossible that what you describe happens.

I guess you deleted them using external tools. If you want to use external tools you should first uninstall a table from dadabik (pages page) and then drop the table and you should first remove the fields in the db synchro page and then remove them from the schema.
If you don't follow this procedure, you will find traces of the tables and fields in dadabik, as you experienced.
Removing them from dadabik_forms is not enough, you have traces of tables and fields in the dadabik_tables table and in the dadabik_permissions table. Furthermore, if you manually delete a record from the dadabik_forms table (you should never do it), you will get "holes" in the position of the fields (order_form_field), which, in turn, produces other problems.

Best,