newbie: install problem

R

Rick

I created a table 'projekt' with one field 'ID' in mysql
I started the install.php, after the link 'install projekt' I clicked the button
'install....',

after this I got the message

Error during query execution.

what did I make wrong?

Thanx for help

A

Amit Muthu

Hi,

You must edit program_files/include/config.php to tell dadabik various details - host, username, password etc of the databaase you are connecting to. Have you done this?

Cheers,
Amit

G

Günter

Hi newbie,
I have the same problem on strato-server:
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `dadabik_table_list`
MySQL server said: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '`dadabik_table_list`' at line 1

dadabik find the table when I use the admin.php but it can`t install.
Wo can help?

M

Matt Bittner

I too am getting the same error. Sure hope this can be figured out, as I would like to use the program.

Matt Bittner

G

GT

I am having a similar issue. I know that dadabik has access to the database as when I remove all the data from the system, I get the message "Your database is empty. No tables found" instead of the usual

MySQL server said: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '`dadabik_table_list`' at line 1

permissions are wide open for the user I am using to access the database...

Any insights please let me know.

Cheers,
~gt

C

Carlos Cabral

I'm having the same problem. It might be the kind of quotes used by dadabik. I noticed that ddb uses ` instead of ' .

Anyone has an idea of working this out?

thanks,
carlos

C

Chris

Hi,
do you have at least one entry (set of data) in your table?

hth,
chris

G

GT

yes I have 39 fields, and 80 sets of data, I've ran sql queries that work, just get errors when I run dadabik. Can Dadabik accept data bases that have been set up with pre-determined values using ticks --> '

S

stranded

I too am getting this error when I run install.php:

I've got permissions wide open on this user. In fact, it's the same user I use to access PHPMyAdmin where I have no problem adding and dropping tables.

I've thrown some debugging code into install.php, and here's where the software chokes: Line 74 of install.php --- create_table_list_table($conn)

I've looked for the create_table_list_table function and can't find it, or the SQL query that's referred to in the error message.

I also noticed that when I access admin.php, the tables in my database do appear, but they won't install.

Does anyone know about this? I know DaDaBIK works for some people, so maybe it's our server configuration. But I use PHP and MySQL all the time, and have never had a problem before.

D

danièle deveaux

Hi,

I confirm, that the problem is in the constuction of the sql string, as
I noticed it in my last post. Bad character ' .

I modify it in install.php, businessl_logic.php and form.php for test and
it work well in my case.

The installation of dadabik_tables and then the operations on the
database are correct.

Thank's for the new interface.
D.Deveaux

E

Eugenio

Amit Muthu wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> You must edit program_files/include/config.php to tell
> dadabik various details - host, username, password etc of the
> databaase you are connecting to. Have you done this?

Hi all,
could you let me know which version of MySQL do you use?

Probably you use a version prior to 3.23.6, see here for more details:
http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_Reference.html#Legal_names

Earlier versions of DaDaBIK use ' but later I decided to use ` because in this way it is possible to use special characters like - in the table names.

In a future release of DaDaBIK I will add somethink in the config.php file to set which version od MySQL is used.

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 2.1b beta)

N

Nino

Hi Eugenio,

I'm have uploaded the files to my linux/cpanel shared server...

I edited config.php with the minimal changes: host, user, db name, password...
I know that data is correct

running install.php first time round I got the "no tables found" error message ... so I searched here and saw that some people had got it to work by adding a table to the empty database

I did that and got one stage further install.php showed the "click on this button to install page" on clicking the button I get a new error message "Error during query execution"

the mySQL install on my server is 3.23.45 ..... I can manipulate mySQL databases with phpMyAdmin 2.2.7-pl1 and can add/remove databases/users via my browser using another tool (not sure what it is).

Do you have any tips as to how I can get dadaBIK up and running? Can I set up the tables "dadabik_2_" and "dadabik_table_list" manually?
.... I really like what I've read about the program and have an urgent need for it

one last thing..If I get it running, can I use spanish and english together...or am I limited to one language per install?

all the best
Nino

D

dre

I got it working with deleting all the ` signs in the program files !

I

Ivan Mortensen

that is you table names ?

i hade a table called : umomain
it dit not work, but when is sad : umomain_tab
it works...

J

joeblow

dre, are you saying by deleting the ' in all of the files under my_dadabik i.e. install.php, form.php, index.php... will fix the problems?

Thanks.

E

Eugenio

Rick wrote:
>
> I created a table 'projekt' with one field 'ID' in mysql
> I started the install.php, after the link 'install projekt' I
> clicked the button
> 'install....',
>
> after this I got the message
>
> Error during query execution.
>
> what did I make wrong?

Do you still have the problem?
Which version of DaDaBIK do you use?

Eugenio,

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 2.2.1)