My customer needs an upload finction that allows him to upload to directories he chooses

D

My customer needs an upload finction that allows him to upload to directories he chooses. He has specific directories he is maintaining.

company Name -> customer-> logo -> logo.png

How do I do this from with in dadabik?

Thanks

About/upgrade
DaDaBIK™ is a product conceived and developed by Eugenio Tacchini
Copyright © 2001-2023 Eugenio Tacchini
Proudly ❤️ made in Emilia
dadabik.com

Your current DaDaBIK version
You are using DaDaBIK version 11.9-Elba enterprise, installed on 06-16-2023 (installation code: 18930648ca84cc7de1), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 11.9-Elba released on 03-23-2023

You are running the latest release of DaDaBIK

In case you want to upgrade to a more powerful edition (from Pro to Enterprise/Platinum, from Enterprise to Platinum) please contact us.

System info
PHP Version: 8.1.20

sqlserver version: 15.00.2000

Web server: Microsoft-IIS/10.0

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/114.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

URL installation: https://idahomenow.com/program_files/

D

I need to override that setting. He needs to be able to choose the directory dynamically. His files are categorized in the filesystem by directory. So each file is uploaded to a different directory than the last. He has thousands of directories.

Thanks

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
You could try adding the directory as a field to the table you are uploading files to then once the file is submitted use an operational hook to move it to the correct location.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
You could try adding the directory as a field to the table you are uploading files to then once the file is submitted use an operational hook to move it to the correct location.
This is a great workaround if the goal is just to upload the file in the directory you want, but DaDaBIK will then miss the file so, for example, if you click on the file from the form, DaDaBIK can't open it.
Maybe you can try to combine this with a dynamic setting of $upload_directory, maybe you can set it each time according to your preferences in the startup function.

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
This is a great workaround if the goal is just to upload the file in the directory you want, but DaDaBIK will then miss the file so, for example, if you click on the file from the form, DaDaBIK can't open it.
Good point, perhaps you could leave the file where it is and create a symbolic link in the desired directory??