Loss of Search capability

P

Patrick K

Need some assistance trouble shooting...

Installed DaDaBIK and ran some intitial tests on all of the tables and the SEARCH feature worked fine...I then tweaked the configuration on the internal table so that the forms would be prettier, inserted some foreign keys, select_singles, etc. and now the Search feature is dead...it will either pull up ALL the records or NONE...no matter how I fiddle with the exactly/like feature or even remove some of the fileds from the Search View.

Any quick things come to mind to look for?

Thanks

D

Debbie Sontag

I'm had the same problem. Once I added a "select_single" field to my front-end, the search capabilities were no more. I then allowed only the "insert" and "results" pages to show this field and searching capabilities were restored. If it is not critical to search on select_single fields, then remove them from the search page -- seems to do the trick.

I'm not sure if this is the same for other special field types as I only have text fields and one single_select. If you are having problems with searching, try taking all non-text only fields out from the search view and test. If all is working, add these fields back into the search view one by one to see which one is the problem. Once you know which one is the problem, then you can decide if it needs to be in the search view or not -- and if it does, perhaps change the field(s) to text only until a better solution comes along.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more help.

Debbie

E

Eugenio

Debbie Sontag wrote:
>
> I'm had the same problem. Once I added a "select_single"
> field to my front-end, the search capabilities were no more.
> I then allowed only the "insert" and "results" pages to show
> this field and searching capabilities were restored. If it
> is not critical to search on select_single fields, then
> remove them from the search page -- seems to do the trick.

Please post here your db dump (including dadabik_2_* tables).

Bye.

Eugenio.

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 2.1b beta)

E

Eugenio

Eugenio wrote:
>
> Debbie Sontag wrote:
> >
> > I'm had the same problem. Once I added a "select_single"
> > field to my front-end, the search capabilities were no more.
> > I then allowed only the "insert" and "results" pages to show
> > this field and searching capabilities were restored. If it
> > is not critical to search on select_single fields, then
> > remove them from the search page -- seems to do the trick.
>
> Please post here your db dump (including dadabik_2_* tables).
>
> Bye.
>
> Eugenio.

I've received the dump but I need also the data to do some test, not only the structure of the tabels. If you have used PHPMyAdmin select "structure and data".

If your table name is cic_search the internal table should be dadabik_2_cic_search, why is dadabik_2cic_cic_search? Have you changed the default name of the intenal tables in confi.pgp?

Let me know.

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 2.1b beta)

H

Heribert Erlinghagen

Hello,

corresponding to that mentioned problem: "...it will either pull up ALL the records or NONE... " I recommend to look at your table field names. May be you use fieldnames with whitespaces like "customer name". Rename it to customer_name or customername, then your problem could be solved. There is no problem with selecting different options.

Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks to Eugenio and his excellent scripts.

best regards

Heribert Erlinghagen

www.he-berlin.de

D

datafreak

the search shows everything..help.

in the search form i put some criteria and when i press search it does following.. and shows everything. i have 1600 records..and this type of result means completely hell to me. plezzzzzzz help.

Your SQL query (for debugging purpose): select * from Supplier limit 0 , 10

D

Debbie Sontag

To "datafreak" ... you can change the percentage match on search. In your "config.php" file, scroll down to where you see the following lines:

// select similarity percentage for duplicated insert check
$percentage_similarity = 80;

(should be around line 62).

Increase the value to 100 (to match 100%) or whatever you want to test at and see if that gets you better results. It worked on my install - also improved duplicate checking results.

Hope this helps!