Login dialog and logo feature requests related to LDAP auth

While getting LDAP authentication working in Dadabik I ran into some issues I won't go into here other than to say we needed to provide users clarification on what to do while entering their username and password. Because of how our AD domain controller structures user lists, the single sign on everyone is used to is slightly different creating login confusion.
The goal: Display a tooltip or other user definable message on the login screen to steer the user.
So, after looking at the login.php and hitting the ioncube encryption I determined that wasn't the right place to start.
After some digging, I modified header.php adding a new variable called $logo_img_login in the $page_name === 'login' if block. I then added this variable to my custom_conf.php file and pointed it to the special edited login logo.
My approach was to use different logo files to incorporate our corporate logo in the admin and application menus and to have instructions on the login logo file. This was easily accomplished by adding a logo variable to custom_conf.php and copying the new files to the images folder. Future updates will break the header.php modification so that is less than optimal. Having 3 different logo files and only 1 variable in the conf file to adjust them without code modifications is less than ideal.
A much cleaner way to handle these needs is the following:
Have 3 new PHP variables available for customizing each of the logo locations (login, admin menu, and app menu).
Have a way to add tooltips or other message text on the login screen and/or username and password fields via new PHP variables so the customization of header.php is unnecessary.
Those requests are fairly trivial, but would give users much more power to customize their applications look and avoid user confusion.

Upvote 2