How to get started

abockhold

Hi,

I just installed DaDaBik and had a look at it - I configured a table and validated how the forms look like then. It looks great!

Now I would like to get started with a little application, here is an overview of the desired functionality:

Not authenticated users should be able to see a form in which they can post their name and choose a track they want to book. It would be best if they have to solve a captcha to send their input.

A (logged in) employee should be able to accept the bookings (or reject them) and sort the bookings into sessions (each track consists out of multiple sessions).

A manager should be able to lock a session (or even a track) if it is filled with participants. Then the employee cannot edit it anymore (and a user should not be able to choose it anymore).

I would be glad if you could help me with the following giving me hints how to start:

1) How do I present a form to not authenticated users? And how can I add a captcha to it?
2) Is it possible to send automated e-mails related to actions (accept the booking, reject the booking)?
3) What is the best way to implement the locking feature for the manager?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
Andreas

abockhold

Ah, sorry, beginners mistake:

[pre]
You are using DaDaBIK version 6.2 ENTERPRISE, installed on 12-04-2014, the last version of DaDaBIK is 6.2 released on 06-24-2014

You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK

PHP Version: 5.4.35-0+deb7u2

mysql version: 5.5.40-0+wheezy1

Web server: Apache/2.2.22 (Debian)

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
[/pre]

B)

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Andreas,
DaDaBIK provides all the features explained in the documentation and showed in the demos, for any other additional feature you have to develop them and you can follow two methods:
- create a custom PHP page (here you can just write your own script)
- modify the DaDaBIK source code

About the features you are asking for:
1) There is no captcha feature at the moment

2) If you enable authentication, all the users need to login to access to your application; you could configure two different dadabik applications, having different "prefix_table" in config.php but pointing to the same dadatabase, in the first one you enable authentication, in the second one you don't; it should work

3) You can configure DaDaBIK to send automatic email when a new record is inserted and/or updated (see $enable_insert_notice_email_sending and the following parameters in config.php)

4) There is a more general concept of record locking in DaDaBIK: while a user is editing a record, the record is locked and nobody can modify it; the feature you are looking for is much more application-specific.

Best,

E.

nferrara

Hello Andreas,
DaDaBIK provides all the features explained in the documentation and showed in the demos, for any other additional feature you have to develop them and you can follow two methods:
- create a custom PHP page (here you can just write your own script)
- modify the DaDaBIK source code

About the features you are asking for:
1) There is no captcha feature at the moment

2) If you enable authentication, all the users need to login to access to your application; you could configure two different dadabik applications, having different "prefix_table" in config.php but pointing to the same dadatabase, in the first one you enable authentication, in the second one you don't; it should work

3) You can configure DaDaBIK to send automatic email when a new record is inserted and/or updated (see $enable_insert_notice_email_sending and the following parameters in config.php)

4) There is a more general concept of record locking in DaDaBIK: while a user is editing a record, the record is locked and nobody can modify it; the feature you are looking for is much more application-specific.

Best,

E.

Hello,
Is there a recaptcha (2) feature now ?
Thanks.
Nicole