Help

D

Dale C

I am new to this program and am having some troubles with it. I have installled correctly and everything works fine so i can administrate my database - but is it possible for me to use DADABIK to display contents of the database on my website?

Thanks in advance

D

Dale C

How often are these forums moderated? Surely there is someone around to deal with queries???

L

lisa brennan

Hi Dale. I don't think this is a help forum for beginners! The database that I am trying to get help for is the one that is "highlighted" on the front page and there hasn't been one response to my post from weeks ago. I've searched the net and haven't found anything to help - I'm about to scrap what my predecessor has done and find another solution.

If you find a source for information, can you let me know?

Good luck, Lisa.

D

Dale C

Sure bit i think it is a bit of a discgrace, i mean where do beginners get information? And surely if this is a place for experts they will be willing to offer the odd pointer now and again.

P

Paul Sharpe

Dale: If I understand your question correctly; the answer is YES. In my opinion, that is one of the biggest strengths DaDaBik has.

Here's a quote from DaDaBik's intro: "DaDaBIK differs from other applications like PHPMyAdmin in that it aims not to enable administration of a MySQL database, but rather to include MySQL search/insert/update/delete features in a Web site."

Might I respectfully suggest your problem MAY be solved by obtaining an understanding of the relationship between Casscading Styles Sheets (CSS) and the modification of DaDaBik's header.php and footer.php for integration into your website?

DaDaBik can be customized with CSS and by editing the header and footer files. From there, you simply treat DaDaBik as if it were another page of your website. In other words, you simply place a link in your homepage menu and have it point to DaDaBik.

Hope this helps.

D

Dale C

Great so can i include it into the same design as the rest of my site?