Error running Install.php

J

Jeff

Newbie here, so bear with me.

Just downloaded latest version to my Windows PC and created a new database and table on my host (ISP) server (as per Eugenio Tacchini's article http://www.devarticles.com/art/1/200/2).

I edited the config.php locally, added the parms and FTP'd all the files to the server.

He recommends creating a /my_dadadik dir under the root, I had to add it under the /cgi-bin dir because of host restrictions.

I chmod the install.php to 755 and tried to run the install from my browser as stated, but get an 500 Internal Error.

Can someone give me some clues of what to look for to get resolved?

Thanks much!!

D

Dallas Maddox

Jeff,

This forum is terrible for support, just an fyi. I have several unanswered questions.

I had a similiar problem to what you are expiencing.

I had to chmod to 775, once completed there, I had to create the directory as a module in phpnuke, then once the module was created I had to install it through the front end.

I am not sure of the permissions between your ISP's directory structure. I know some ISP's have permission conflicts between mySQL and other services running on the same machine.

I'd hit google, and type in 500 internal error, see what you get back. . .this place is about as imformative as a pair of brown orthopedic shoes.

I CANT EDIT. . .my fields. Same problem, no help.

POS in my mind. . . .(I am looking for an alternative to this.)

If a moderator would step in at least once a DAY, that'd be nice, and would maybe turn my attitude around.

Sorry I am not much help,

gl, d

E

Eugenio

Jeff wrote:
>
> Newbie here, so bear with me.
>
> Just downloaded latest version to my Windows PC and created a
> new database and table on my host (ISP) server (as per
> Eugenio Tacchini's article
> http://www.devarticles.com/art/1/200/2).
>
> I edited the config.php locally, added the parms and FTP'd
> all the files to the server.
>
> He recommends creating a /my_dadadik dir under the root, I
> had to add it under the /cgi-bin dir because of host
> restrictions.
>
> I chmod the install.php to 755 and tried to run the install
> from my browser as stated, but get an 500 Internal Error.

Hi,
do you still have the problem?
It seems a PHP problem rather than a DaDaBIK problem, are you able to run other php scripts?

Eugenio.

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 2.2.1)