DaDaBik Session and Origination Question

Is there a way in Dadabik to obtain a token or ID once a user is logged into a DaDaBik web application that could be passed via a custom menu link to other web pages? We would like to force users to go to various sites/pages hosted on our network only via a certain DaDaBik web application menu. The custom menus provide a good way to get to those links and control access via permissions and groups, but we need a way to check where users originated from in the child application pages and redirect back to the DaDaBik LDAP page if they did not authenticate through the parent DaDaBik application. Is this a feasible idea? It seems fairly straightforward conceptually, but maybe we are overlooking something.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Just to clarify, the idea is: when a user Bob lands on application X (that is not a DaDaBIK app), you want to know if Bob was authenticated in a DaDaBIK app and in particular in which DaDaBIK app they authenticated?

Yes, that would allow us to create code to immediately exit app X if not correctly authenticated (and even redirect to the DaDaBIK application for proper login).

We would need to pass the token from DaDaBik to the app in the custom menu link or I suppose we could use a global lookup table to query if the authentication has occurred recently. I'm not sure what the most efficient way to implement this request is which is why I posted here. Your thoughts are appreciated.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, so basically what you are looking for is a shared authentication system: the same thing we do (in DaDaBIK) with the Wordpress login, for example. Implementing it in the proper way is not trivial and probably need some work with DaDaBIK.

There are probably several ways to achieve this, depending on the level of security you want to maintain (e.g. what if the user logs out from DaDaBIK, this should trigger the logout from your application?).

Since you have a platinum license, if you want we can briefly discuss this in a Teams call.

Best,

Yes, my colleague and I would like to briefly conference with you on a teams call.

I am unfamiliar with the Wordpress login feature. I do not think we need a triggered logout but a database flag that can be checked when needed would probably be sufficient so a brief discussion would help get everyone on the same page.

Thanks,

-Todd