DaDaBik not saving changes to internal tables

H

hugh

I spent a bit of time amending the internal tables to make the field names more meaningful, and also to ensure the insert form used the correct field types. I changed each field, one by one, and 'saved configuration' each time.

Initially, when I looked at the 'new' search/results/insert forms, the changes appeared to have taken place. However, some detail of the database information was missing or truncated, and the edit/delete/detail icons wouldn't load.

I closed Internet Explorer, restarted it, called the page again.......and all my configuration changes had disappeared! Back to square one! (although at least the database information displayed correctly again).

Anyone experienced this before? Anyone know what's happening, what the remedy is?

Hugh

S

shyam

Hmm. Are you sure that your dadabik installation is pointing to the right database in the config.php file after you made the changes?

H

hugh

Yep, database is pointing to right place. Maybe it's a CHMOD/permissions thing? There's no instructions about what DaDaBik files should be CHMODed to........what should they be? 775?

E

Eugenio

hugh wrote:
>
> I spent a bit of time amending the internal tables to make
> the field names more meaningful, and also to ensure the
> insert form used the correct field types. I changed each
> field, one by one, and 'saved configuration' each time.
>
> Initially, when I looked at the 'new' search/results/insert
> forms, the changes appeared to have taken place. However,
> some detail of the database information was missing or
> truncated, and the edit/delete/detail icons wouldn't load.
>
> I closed Internet Explorer, restarted it, called the page
> again.......and all my configuration changes had disappeared!
> Back to square one! (although at least the database
> information displayed correctly again).

If DaDaBIK doesn't display edit/delete/detai icons it means that you don't have a primary key in your table.

About lost changes, do you still have the problem?
If DaDaBIK has saved the configuration in the database (and it seems, since the first time you see the correct interface) it is very strange that it later showes the interface using the old configuration.

Eugenio.

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 2.2.1)