Custom PHP script question

Hello,

After working with Eugenio last year on implementing a user authentication sharing technique between Dadabik applications and other Dash applications our company develops we came up with a suitable solution to the requirement. We use a custom PHP script we call from application Dadabik custom menu external links that then pass a token to the additional applications allowing them to all work together. This has worked so well for us that we are using the approach across multiple DaDabik web applications.

Rather than maintain multiple copies of the script in every web application ie. /srv/www/htdocs/appname/include/custom_php_files/customscript.php could we replace each of those files with a symbolic link to a single file (per server) (ie. /srv/www/htdocs/customscript.php file)?

Do you foresee any problems with this approach or have any strong reasons for not doing something like this?

Thanks,

-Todd

Support details:
Your current DaDaBIK version
You are using DaDaBIK version 11.11-Elba platinum, installed on 10-06-2023 (installation code: 1862263d45abb2208e), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 11.11-Elba released on 09-27-2023

You are running the latest release of DaDaBIK

System info
PHP Version: 7.4.6

mysql version: 5.5.5-10.5.13-MariaDB

Web server: Apache

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/119.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
Do you foresee any problems with this approach or have any strong reasons for not doing something like this?
I can't think of any issues, obviously you will need to set correct permissions etc.

I would be ensuring I test multiple applications accessing at the same time and ensuring it works ok!