Content type: WEB issue

D

Dan

Hello out there!!

I am having fun with this application but I can't seem to get past this one issue. I would like to be able to show in my results screen a URL that doesn't necessarily end with .html or .htm. Instead I would like to allow access to a .WMV file. The problem I am having is that DaDa doesn't recognize:

#1 - That I am on a LOCAL network and therfore my URL address will not have either www or com in it. It seems to be looking for these variables in the URL and errors out when I just put "http://me/directory" as the URL.

#2 - It doesn't recognize .wmv as a valid URL ending. It is looking for html or htm.

Where can I change these varibles?? Thanks!!

D

Dan

Also, I would like the content type to be a hyperlink so it will spawn the microsoft player...

S

shyam

Dan:

I had a similar need for recognizing local directory addresses and this is what I did.

The text in the url field is validated using a function called eregi. You can find it in the file general_functions.php in the include folder of your dadabik installation. It checks the url you typed in the url field against a pre-defined string.

I modified the string that is defined in that function so that it accepts the type of link i wanted to put in, like /directory/subdirectory/file.extension. It looks a little confusing, but you will be able to figure out how to modify it.

I think that if you have already associated .wmv files with Microsoft player application, once you store the link, it should be able to open the file when you click on the link.

Good luck.

Shyam

S

shyam

I forgot to mention that Eugenio has done a great job of thoroughly documenting his code, which was the only reason i could fix it for myself, being a non-programmer.