Add quick search on mobile devices

Matthijs

Currently, only advanced search can be used on mobile devices.
If you use quick serach for non-mobile, you to to enable advanced search. On non-mobile this is then a duplication.

Suggestion: enable quick search on mobile devices.
Optionally: select for a quick search field to display yes/no on mobile.

Upvote 0

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
just to clarify: advanced search is not a duplication, typically you enable just a few (to save space in results grid) quick search fields while you keep all searchable fields enabled in advanced search.

Matthijs

Hi Eugenio, what I mean is this example:

In quick search I have "Firstname" and "Lastname" -> and I like that these search fields are always shown.

But to be able to search on mobile device, I need also the add those fields to advanced search.
But that causes two (small) problems:

1) On a non-mobile device, the users sees the quick search fields and the button for advanced search. If the user clicks on advanced search, he gets the same fields as already in quick search. Not a big issue, but bit confusing.

2) Using quick search, the logic if using multiple search fields is "or". But when using advanced search, the logic is "and". Meaning that in my example, user always first has to change default to "or" because the search is on firstname OR lastname.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
1) It's ok to have the same fields, as I said typically in the advanced search form you have ALL the fields and in the quick search form only a subset of them, the most used (to save space in the grid page)

2) For quick search, the operator is AND not OR