Search results

1. M

You can't edit this item, the item is locked by user.

Not sure what's wrong with this edit form of a view. I have one usergroup set to be able to edit 2 fields on the form but when a user ('peter' for example) in the usergroup with edit permission edits an entry, the entry is not updated and then when the same user goes back into the entry to edit...
  2. M

Custom CSS to HIDE Edit in Grid Rows

Apologies if this is in the manual or previously discussed but I can't find it. What I would like to do is add some specific CSS in a VIEW page that hides the EDIT buttons from each row. I need the grid to have EDIT permission because I have a button (on each row) that updates the date on the...
  3. M

ROOT user keeps logging out suddenly.

This is odd... I've been working in Dadabik on and off for a few months now and suddenly the ROOT user won't stay logged in. Every few clicks of Admin area and it logs out. Other users remain logged in fine.
  4. M

View Permissions keep going back to NO after saving.

Hello. I just created a VIEW. When I set the read permissions to YES for a user group and hen press SAVE, all permissions go back to NO. I've compared it to other views and can not see why it is doing it. Is there any obvious reason this would happen? Thank you massively for any help you can...
  5. M

Just want to say: Stay Safe.

It's not a Dadabik related post but I wanted to say please Stay Safe everyone. We've never known anything like this, so many people are ill (as I have been for the last 2 weeks), unimaginable numbers are losing their livelihoods and many have paid the ultimate price of all and lost their lives...
  6. M

Multiple "item correctly inserted." notifications for 1 insert.

Hi. I just spotted an oddity... On one of our Master/Details combinations, there's actually 3 sets of 'details' but when adding a record to one of these 'details' lists, when the record is saved and user returned to the Master, there is an "item correctly inserted" notification for all 3 of the...
  7. M

Dadabik app Died. White screen, No Error. WSD.

I left my project late yesterday after working on it all day and it was working, doing all the things that it was supposed to do despite still needing lots of work. I came to it this morning and WHITE SCREEN. Yes, a dreaded White Screen of Death (WSD). No errors. Nothing. I can’t see the...
  8. M

Can the button labels (etc) be changed for each table?

I thought I had read somewhere that there could be a settings file for each table in the app but can't find it now. What I'd like to know is how to change the button labels and text above a form to represent what the page, grid or form is about. So, let's say I have a 'Jobs' list and form, I'd...
  9. M

Redirect to edit page after insert?

I am trying to get the redirect (Location) to be the edit page for the record that was just entered. I’ve tried the ways I have found in demos etc but can’t get it working. Is there an example snippet of how to do this after insert? Martin
  10. M

Show Insert Form after Insert?

Hi. I have a sub-form and wish to have the INSERT form appear immediately after inserting an entry. However, I have changed the '0' to '1' in this: $insert_again_after_insert = 1; It didn't change the action on inserting a record. I added the line to 'config_custom.php' and it still didn't...
  11. M

Demo of Calculated Field(s) Please?

Hello. I have been going through the demos hoping to find a demonstration of a calculated field. I was hoping tat there would be a calculated field demonstrated in Sales management / CRM application but I can't find any items that are calculated or totalled up anywhere. Perhaps I have missed...
  12. M

How to add Logo for Mobile Devices?

Is it possible to add a logo that will appear at the top of the screen on mobile devices? Thanks. Martin
  13. M

Checkboxes between field name and field on forms?

Hi. I have just been scanning the manual for this but can't find anything. Why is there a checkbox between the field name and the field on some fields in forms? Thanks. Martin
  14. M

User Details - additional fields

Is it possible to add additional fields to 'users' or would it be best to create another table 'user-details' and link the two groups? I would like to have a user be able to add something like phone number etc and be able to update the details. Martin
  15. M

Can I put serial number in config_custom.php?

I read in config.php that it is good practice to leave the file 'clean' and to work on config_custom.php but when I put my serial number in config_custom.php I still get the default error about serial number being required. [01] Error: $serial_number must be 8 characters long Thanks Martin
  16. M

How can I remove the Languages Dropdwown list?

Hi. We have no need for the language dropdown but cannot find a way to remove it (except with CSS). Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks Martin