Search results

1. J

sybase is working!!

Hello everyone thank for all the help, I manage to get dadabik to work with sybase. I did a few changes to the source. Is there a place to send the trickout source. May be it would be usefull for somebody.
  2. J

autoinc on regular int

Thank for the reply. Yes dadabik work great with mysql but for other DBs, it gets tricky. I was thinking I could set up a default value of select max(*)+ 1 or something like that . I testing out Dadabik with sybase and so far a few big glitches but it is almost funtional.
  3. J

autoinc on regular int

Hello, I am testing Dadabik with sybase and so far seems to work fine after many many tweaks. I turned off the identity fields and convert them to numberic. Now i am try to set it up so when i do an insert it generates it the next integer. is there a way to do this? some how do a select...
  4. J

no luck with dadabik and msde or sybase

Not sure why this happened, the debug log wont show much helpful information but it looks like the bug is comming from the driver. I added a MetaColumn function to the mssql driver, slightly modified from the sybase driver version. Got the insert and searchs working but still have a couple of...
  5. J

no luck with dadabik and msde or sybase

Is there a list of steps to make dadabik work with msde 2000? I tried 4.1 and 4.2 with msde 2000a from unix using freetds and from widows using apache 2 and php 4.4.6. the first errors where the inserts in identity fields but now i dont get any values in the pulldowns for the field lists. does...
  6. J

hack for oracle/mssql /numbers

Hello, when i do select * from test where myint='2003' it does not work in mssql if field myint is a integer. I believe mysql can deal with quotes and intergers and mssql cant. Can anyone tell me where in the dadabik code can i find the code for removing quotes away in queries with intergers? thanks
  7. J

quote variable

Thanks that was very usefull. I got past those errors and now the admin part works. The index.php failes with a similar error. Looks like sybase does not like where interger = '1' but it likes interger = 1. This is my error message. I am not sure where is happenning and i am not sure on how to...
  8. J

quote variable

Hello does anyone know where is the value for $quote stored? I am trying to run dadabik in sybase and looks like i might be very close to get it done. I need to set $quote=''; but i dont want to go around all the code doing this. my error is [08] Error: during query execution. SELECT...
  9. J

sybase anyone?

It almost looks as if I am close to get it to work. I am modifying the mssql module to work with my sybase configuration. I had to remove any implicit inserts of identy fields in the install php. I also had to change the identity(1,1) to identiy. During install I get PrepareSP: mssql_init...
  10. J

pull down from fk in table

Not sure how i am going to use a select to enter a fk value and display a list of values related to that fk. Do I have to edit the code? or can this be done using the admin interface? thanks.
  11. J

pull down from fk in table

Hi I am trying to find examples online on how to do this. A screenshot would be nice. I am in the internal_table_manager.php page and I would like to configure my main-table form to show values of my other-table. The main-table has the field other-table-id in it. and the other-table has two...