Search results

1. G

Emailing group options

very hard work trying to get stuff posted here cos of capthca
  2. G

Emailing group options

Is there an option to stipulate the "From" address for these emails, as mine comes through from "Nobody" (im using the older version, pre v5, but cannot find where it states what version it is Regards
  3. G

check for duplicated - doesnt work

Hi, It wasn't an update i was doing it was inserting 2 new records
  4. G

check for duplicated - doesnt work

Hello Im running Ddadabik 4.1RC I have a simple text field called reg_no I have selected "check for dupliactes" and have tested it by add 2 entries with "abc123" in this field. However, i get no warning about it being a dupliacte, the form simply says "record saved" Am i doing something wrong...
  5. G

Multi user access

:) :) :) Thats great!! Thanks very much Debbie a great surprise when i got back from a few days away. Its all working fine now. Thanks very much indeed :)
  6. G

Multi user access

I tried option 1 first with my code looking like this if (($num_rows === 1) || ($num_rows1 === 1)) { (strtoupper($current_user) == strtoupper($res1["canvasser"])) || (strtoupper($current_user) == strtoupper($res1["surveyor"]))){ that gave me errors of I then tried the 2nd option of...
  7. G

Multi user access

HI Debbie Should this work straight away, or do i need to add a new record to test it ? because it dosent work still. Here is my current code // check if the owner of the record is current_user $sql = "SELECT ".$quote.$ID_user_field_name.$quote." FROM ".$quote.$table_name.$quote." WHERE...
  8. G

Multi user access

Sorry Debbie, no chnage still. // check if the owner of the record is current_user $sql = "SELECT ".$quote.$ID_user_field_name.$quote." FROM ".$quote.$table_name.$quote." WHERE ".$quote.$where_field.$quote." = '".$where_value."' AND ".$quote.$ID_user_field_name.$quote." =...
  9. G

Multi user access

Alas, no chnage Debbie no errors, but no change. Here is my current code // check if the current user is the assigned canvasser/surveyor of the record $sql1 = "SELECT ".$quote."canvasser".$quote.", ".$quote."surveyor".$quote." FROM ".$quote.$table_name.$quote." WHERE...
  10. G

The url/s you have inserted is/are not valid.

Wonderful :) Just what i needed, Thank you very much Debbie :)
  11. G

Multi user access

HI Debbie I have tried that and i didn't get any errors, but it doesn't display the entries, it still only displays by the user name who entered the record. I am wondering if i have given you the right info. Each user is given a user name & password using the "add record" for the users_tab...
  12. G

Multi user access

the field i have for the salesman is a single select. the salesperson is added to the dropdown by adding their name to the "Option to include:" option via the interface configurator. ~~IanL~LeeG~MarkH~MarkS~NeilB~AlisonH~TonyR~MartinS~ Once that person is selected, then it populates the...
  13. G

Just one small point..... It displays the word "LINK" even if the field hasnt been populated. Is there a way of it not showing this unless a link has been added?
  14. G

Field Type = update_date. Being populated when new record added.

:) Thats fixed it, thanks Debbie :)
  15. G

Thats perfect. Thanks Debbie :) :)
  16. G

sorry for the double post, but cannot see an edit button. The url in this field shows up as a very long link. Is there a way i can have it shorten it, as in html to show something like link here
  17. G

Multi user access

here is the scenario..... Gayle is admin (admin user) Ian is salesman (normal user) Lee is installer (normal user) Fields in db: salesman < field type = single select) installer < field type = single select) salesman gets the sales and gives them to admin (Gayle). She logs in and enters the...
  18. G

HI Debbie i tried that and had no joy. In the end i just disabled the url check and it works fine now. Thanks for your help with this :)
  19. G

Field Type = update_date. Being populated when new record added.

error message is: DBMS server said: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1 thanks
  20. G

adding new field to db - throws errors

Ok, thnaks Debbie It seems i was adding to dadabik_MHCustomer db, not MHCustomer DB. All sorted now :) P.S. I did look at the docs, but couldnt see anything about adding fields. here is the URL i use to the docs. http://www.dadabik.org/index.php?function=show_documentation