Search results

1. M

Using a View in MySQL

I have in my database a view created in phpMyAdmin from a query and I would like to make that query available as a table in Dababik. I am sure I did this successfully a few years ago but now I get an error message: [08] Error: during query execution. SELECT `CCData`.`RaceNo`...
  2. M

time out error

Changing the $csv_creation_time_limt value to 300 seems to have worked for me. But what I noticed and others might not is that the supplied config.php comes with a // before the line. That // must be removed or the change is ineffective, it should look like: // CSV file creation time (in...
  3. M

Query from more than one table.

MySQL 5 has a views ability - use phpmyadmin to set them up. However the views created are not updatable, so you can't then use them for data entry.
  4. M

mysql-views + dadabik

I am finding that the views fail if you have a selection in it. The view runs the selection on the source file, but when this is run in DaDaBik the where clause throws an unknown column error. e.g.: [08] Error: during query execution. SELECT `CCData`.`RaceNo`, `CCData`.`FirstName`...
  5. M

Table names not Sorted -- MySQL Cluster

I found that this mod had no effect. There are two places where the search string above occurs but neither helped. My service is running: MySQL client version: 5.0.38 on: 5.0.22-Debian_0ubuntu6.06.3 And it always takes the file order. So the only way I have managed to get control is by...
  6. M

How can give no public access to admin.php

The site at: (you find htpasswd generators at: http://www.euronet.nl/~arnow/htpasswd/) doesn't appear to work now. I used: http://www.tools.dynamicdrive.com/password/ which gives not only the .htpasswd file but a .htaccess as well. This is not as sophisticated as the ones above but it works...
  7. M

How to change the default view

The remaining problem was that as soon as a search was done all the results with race no = 0 showed up again, so I fixed that by adding a line 457 : $where_clause .= " AND racedata.RaceNo > 0 "; which extents the built where clause. This is robust enough (although not elegant) to allow the...
  8. M

I think I've found it. Line 461. I changed it to: $where_clause = ' racedata.RaceNo > 0 '; and this one change seems to have sorted the show all clause too. I need to do some more testing, but if I don't post again it has worked. Best wishes Adrian
  9. M

Hi Debbie, I would like to do this in 4.2. But I can't find where to add the where clause in index.php and the show all link in footer.php looks rather confusing. Can you give us some upated advice for 4.2 please? Best wishes Adrian
  10. M

ID_User (Update)

Thank you Eugenio. This doesn't appear to do what I need. It allows users to login and change records but doesn't record who last changed the records. This may be overkill, but I think I need to do the following:- In business_logic.php find function update_record($_FILES, $_POST...
  11. M

ID_User (Update)

I too would like to do this. My users are taking cash against an existing database of runners and so I would like to know how much cash each user should be paying into the pot. So if anyone has an answer this would be much valued, please
  12. M

Lookup in a linked table

Thank you for your help, Debbie. I now see that what I was trying to do is beyond the scope of DadaBik at the moment. So I will stick to the simple way I started with. However this is a really good tool and the team is to be commended on it. We have a charity road race to administer and this...
  13. M

Lookup in a linked table

The next thing I did was to turn the sql debug on. And I got this on start up: SELECT `racedata`.`FirstName`, `racedata`.`Surname`, `racedata`.`Addr1`, `racedata`.`Addr2`, `racedata`.`Addr3`, `racedata`.`Addr4`, `racedata`.`PostCode`, `racedata`.`Country`, `racedata`.`Telephone`...
  14. M

Lookup in a linked table

Thank you for coming back Debbie, I have now upgraded to 4.1 but the issue remains. I tried changing ----Primary key field : categ to ----Primary key field : Cat but I then got [08] Error: during query execution. SELECT `Cat`, `sex` FROM `Gender` DBMS server said: Unknown column 'Cat' in...
  15. M

Lookup in a linked table

Correction: The O/S is a version of Linux. Dadabik is running on an apache webserver, but I don't have access to the O/S to identify it.
  16. M

Lookup in a linked table

Dadabik version 4.0 O/S Windows XPsp2 MySQL 4.0.23a-Max IE7 No error messages I have browsed the FAQs until I'm crosseyed, the answer to my question should be there but I can't find, so please help me. I have two tables: data: which has a number of fields including: --cat: select_single...