Search results

1. B

DaDaBIK Community Versions

Just out of curiosity, how much interest is there in a community version site? It could be hosted on Sourceforge, and then different implementations could be submitted for use or learning. Ideas? Post Edited (02-10-09 00:11)
  2. B

Saving sessions to a database table (tutorial) #2

I've written a post before about how to save session info to the database, with a php class I'd found online. What a waste of time that was. ADODB provides native session management, without needing to write more than a few lines of code. If you read my post here...
  3. B

moving around details

Has anyone been able to successfully move around the results in their details page? For instance, say I have 25 columns that I want to display in the details page. But that means they go far down the page, and I want to have some of them display at the top - next to other results. I could...
  4. B

Users change their own passwords [TUTORIAL]

I've seen this question so many times...so here's how I do it. Following this example you can easily figure out allowing users to change the rest of their information. Step 1: Edit /include/footer.php Find: | <?php echo $normal_messages_ar["top"]; ?> Add After: | Change Your Password Step...
  5. B

Error message

$debug_mode set = no errors DaDaBIK v.4.2, RedHat 9 i686, PHP 4.4.2, MySql 4.1.21, Internet Explorer 6 Error message: Error on page. Line: 48 Char: 2 Error: Object required Code: 0 URL: http://www.quasitown.com/cart/admin/index.php ------------- If I look at the html source (since the error...
  6. B

edit details page

I have two db tables, one stores emails and the other stores it's attachments. I'm trying to edit the details page so it displays the attachments. I've added a new <tr> at the end of the details page in business_logic and I'm getting an error. In the code, "message" is the ID number in...
  7. B

inserting line breaks - fixed

I'm inserting email into my database and the line breaks are not working. I've tried importing them as \r, \n, <br>, and <br />. All of them just show up as plain text. Any idea how to make these work? Post Edited (09-21-06 18:57)
  8. B

adding captcha to login

For one of my changes I'm adding on CAPTCHA authentication to the login. My problem is the number $_POST doesn't seem to be passing through the session correctly, and won't validate with the the image. Any help would be greatly appreciated This modification uses two of the DaDaBIK files and a...
  9. B

Saving sessions to a database table (tutorial)

I've been playing with this for a while, so I'm pretty sure it's working right. Let me know if anyone trying it has problems. Once these two steps are done, you will probably have to close your browser window then clear your cookies and temp files. 1.) In common_start.php replace...
  10. B

limited displayed records

Has anyone worked out a way to only let users display records in a table that pertain to them? For instance a table holds several fields including one that references their user ID... $sql = "SELECT * FROM mytable WHERE username = $_SESSION['logged_user_infos_ar']['username_user']"; But also...
  11. B

styling specific areas

don't know if anyone else would like to use this or not, but here's a simple mod. I wanted to be more specific about the coloring for select boxes in an insert form - IE: not a required field, but at least make sure they see it. In business_logic.php, line 922: $form .= "<td...
  12. B

primary and foreign keys

I'm trying to be specific about what information is generated from the CSV export. I need three different versions of the same data (only certain fields for each). So if my users need their billing information for a certain date, they can navigate to the "Billing" table and run the search on...
  13. B

sessions: dadabik vs. pop3

I'm trying to integrate a pop3 mail client (Nameko - http://wiz.homelinux.net) into my dadabik installation, but I can't seem to get the session information to match up. Logging into the pop3 account requires using the full email address, so I've added <?php $_SESSION[username] =...
  14. B

sort by multiple columns

I'm trying to sort my records by more than just the first column, I also want it to sort by the 2nd and 3rd columns. IE: primary sort => last name secondary sort => first name third sort => email address I found a line in index.php, and I'm wondering if this is what I'm looking...
  15. B

local sessions

I've been having problems with my users not able to login and stayed logged, so as a fix here's what I did. Hope it helps someone: 1.) In 'common_start.php' find the line that reads "ini_set('session.cookie_path', $site_path);" Add underneath it something like...
  16. B

edit and create new record

When a record is being viewed in the "Edit" form, I need for the person viewing the record the ability to save it as a new record. This way the form will be completely filled in and they can edit only the key information - then save it as a new record with a new primary key and keep the old...
  17. B

Users stay logged in...?

I'm having a problem with users trying use the system...they need to be able to login and create records - a very simple form, and takes little time to complete. But when they login and try to create the record, they're sent back to the login screen without any errors. My real problem here is...
  18. B

date fields

Hello all, I need two different kinds of date fields: 1st: Date of birth - can range from 1900 - 2006 2nd: Future events - ranges from 2006 - 2100 (just for example) Is this something possible, or am I restricted to just a text field?