Search results

1. J

Single Search box to search all fields

Hi Debbie Just to let you know: everthng is fine and working now! Thanks a lot for your support and advise - highly appreciated. Regards Juergen
  2. J

Hi Debbie Sorry for the late reply... too busy... strangely, I got it working for the database I showed you, no idea how and why. However, implementing the quick search for fields not included in the the search config for another database (the more important one) does not work yet. I still...
  3. J

Debbie, I know what you mean... ;-) I think I counted them but did not realized the missing one... Thanks again, the blank page issue has been solved. However, the search function for fields not activated in the config still does not work. :-( Juergen
  4. J

Hi Debbie I double and triple checked it but everything seems to be alright. This the line a added / changed: if (($fields_labels_ar[$i]["present_search_form_field"] == "1") || (isset($_POST["allFieldsQS"]) && ($_POST["allFieldsQS"] == 1)) { I am still getting a blank page... Juergen
  5. J

Hi DebbieS I did exactly what you proposed (double-checked it several times) and replaced the line in business_logic.php (and the form as well). Actually, there are two instances in the business_logic file. However, I get a blank page now... Regards Juergen
  6. J

Hi debbie I removed the field 'Region' from the search form configuration. When using the quick search now, searching for 'Asia' e.g. does not show any results though the quick search seems to include this field into its search... have a look when you find time. I am off for a week and will...
  7. J

Hi again Yes, of course, because all fields are present in the search form. You still should have access to the db as I did not change your login. Cheers, Juergen
  8. J

Hi Debbie Thanks for the clarification. In terms of my quick search installation there is no term like ' AND present_search_form_field != 0'.... so there's nothing to remove. Regards Juergen
  9. J

Hi Debbie Thanks a lot! This helped: second option with double underscore... ;-) However, I realized that fields have to be published in the search form in order to be included into full text search. Is there a way to avoid this? Example: I have a search form with two select_single options...
  10. J

Hi DebbieS Thanks a lot. I have sent you a PM. Regards Juergen
  11. J

Hi Debbie Yes, I did that already but it did not help at all. When using the regular search form (using OR) the search runs fine and shows correct results. That is the code I used: [hr] <? // query to get the fields names to include in the search - specify which types in the where clause...
  12. J

When using debug the query results in the following error: SELECT `categories`.`CategoryID`, `categories`.`CategoryName` FROM `categories` WHERE or DBMS server said: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use...
  13. J

Hi DebbieS I used the original code from your first post. The form appears but searches do not give back any results but just show all data sets. Trying to remove the "WHERE" statement or adding other field types like 'select_single' results in the same error message mentioned above: [08]...
  14. J

show all related data from another table

Hi Maybe this has been treated already somewhere in this forum but I didn't find though I searched quite a lot. 1) I have two tables linked via a relation. One holds a list of countries, the other a list of goods - inlcuding some additional data like quantity, expoirt etc.- produced in these...