Search results

1. A

Beginner's Guide to DaDaBik - a Tutorial

A Beginner's Guide to DaDaBik This is a very basic, beginner's tutorial written for DaDaBik version 3.2 and 4.0-alpha, although most points will apply for other versions as well. It should be considered perpetually 'under construction' for error-correction, additions, etc. Contents 1. What is...
  2. A

DaDaBik as a backend - example scripts

Many like me use DaDaBik as a backend for its excellent form configuration and good input validation and user authentication features. Those who would like to can post examples of such scripts here. I start off with these two - 1. LabStoRe - a laboratory inventory/records management system...
  3. A

Format text in your posts

I did not realize that the forums here had this feature until now. You can use 'BBCode' like code to format text in your posts. Use square brackets [, ] instead of the round (, ) ones. E.g. Bold - (b)Bold(/b) Italics - (i)Italics(/i) Underlined - (u)Underlined(/u) CNN -...
  4. A

Solution - user re-assignments

I have added a new functionality to easily re-assign 'record ownerships'. With authentication enabled to the maximum, only the record owners may view or affect their records. Others, including administrators, cannot. This is an issue when - 1. Previously authentication was not enabled or was...
  5. A

Solution - Auto-login using cookies

I did not find any posts on this, so I am posting some code that allows auto-login in for users who check a 'remember me' checkbox during login. Please post any bugs, and fixes, that you find. *** Logic of fixes *** 1. Show a 'remember me' checkbox in login form 2. If the checkbox is checked...
  6. A

Considering the big rise in the spamming here, it is good that the administrators have implemented the login requirement.