Recent content by nmcgann

1. N

how to add a check box to retain values after submit

DebbieS Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just tried this little trick and it worked for > me. > > In index.php, on or about lines 373/374 in the > case "insert" section, change the $...after_error > lines to = 1 (this is assuming you have set show > insert form...
  2. N

Implementing custom "ORDER BY" SQL terms?

DebbieS Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Did you try forcing the search by adding this to > your URL (may have to add entity codes for > parentheses, quotes?): > &order=cast(substring(`job_custom_code` from 4) as > unsigned integer)&order_type=ASC > > (or DESC if...
  3. N

Allow admin user to bypass the ID_user restrictions

Here's a few comments on this super hack: 1) The administrator still needs to add the table names to their own record in users_tab or they won't be able to see the tables either. (that is possibly a bug in the mod?) 2) The logout button isn't shown for the administrator. This is a pain as you...
  4. N

Case sensitivity of select single options - how to prevent?

I've got some enums in my records and mysql isn't case sensitive (on the default character sets) so I can search these with mixed case no problem. However, dadabik has to match the field's case exactly with the "Option to include" field in the configration (e.g. "TheName" in a select_single...
  5. N

Implementing custom "ORDER BY" SQL terms?

I've got a field in my database (job_custom_code) that is a 2 numeric digits, a letter and then a multi-digit number (concatenated together - e.g. 10Y23) and I search on the first 3 characters and then sort the results by the number at the end. To do a proper sort on it I need the sql term...
  6. N

Adding a content-sensitive icon to the results table?

Hi Debbie, Snap!: I ended up with $nm_job_priority = $records_row["job_priority"] .... and then test the variable & spit out the html just before the "if ($enable_edit == "1"){ // display the edit icon" code. I have a "priority" icon and an identically sized tranparent icon displayed as a...
  7. N

Status of classic "hacks"?

Now that Eugenio is back and actively developing what is going to hapen to the "classic hacks" developed by the user base in the meantime that everyone seems to use? I'm thinking of some of the ones on JD's website (http://dadabik.kicks-ass.net/) - especially "static", "calendar popup"...
  8. N

Adding a content-sensitive icon to the results table?

I’m looking at how to add an “urgent” flag to a record displayed in the results table. The idea is that it displays an extra icon in the cell where the “edit/delete/details” icons appear in a displayed result row. I’ve got as far as proving the idea of showing an extra icon works in...
  9. N

Some thoughts about linked tables

I'm experimenting with 4.3b and I am thinking about how the table linking works for users. In the demo looking at the "albums tab" the linked "songs" appear at the bottom with all 3 edit/delete/details options shown. This doesn't appear to be changeable and isn't the same as the options set...
  10. N

Want to set up Date Picker

Of course the style sheet solution looks subtly different in Firefox 3 and IE7 8-)
  11. N

Want to set up Date Picker

This is such a good thread to resurrect (tu) I've got a couple of newby observations of quick fixes I had to do to get the jscript calendar popup to work: Function get_field_correct_displaying in business_logic.php needs pick_date adding as a case so that the dates show in the normal date...
  12. N

Extending content type "url" to understand file:/// ??

eugenio Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You can use the upload feature instead. > > About the regex: yes the demo can have a different > regex which will be published in the next release > of DaDaBIK, > About the space: it is due to a line break, I > think it's...
  13. N

Table select sequence bug in 4.3b

I managed to track down some odd behaviour when switching tables and editing records. The following is from the 4.3 demo with sql debug turned on. Start in "Albums table" - click "show all". Your SQL query (for debugging purpose): SELECT `albums_tab`.`ID_album`, `albums_tab`.`title_album`...
  14. N

Extending content type "url" to understand file:/// ??

eugenio Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You can use the upload feature instead. > > About the regex: yes the demo can have a different > regex which will be published in the next release > of DaDaBIK, > About the space: it is due to a line break, I > think it's...
  15. N

Linked table entries not visible in "details" view

I'm keen to use the details view - ideally I'd prefer to be able to configure some users not to be able to see the edit views at all. No user (possibly not even admin) will see delete. My application creates job data that has some permanent fields, so once a record is inserted it is always there.