Recent content by mauri

1. M

URL validation - hyphens

Hi, it seems DaDaBIK 4.3_beta considers hyphen "-" as not allowed in URL's - and it is actually valid. http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2396.html specifies what is allowed, but I guess the simplest thing to do is to avoid the trouble completely by using the PHP function: function...
  2. M

Date like 1997-00-00

Hi, yeah - I also think it is a bad habit to use "special values" to represent special cases in variables like here in MySQL. It will always cause trouble, sooner or later. The "proper" way would instead use separate (off channel) bits to indicate whether the values of the date field are valid...
  3. M

Date like 1997-00-00

Hello, I noticed that if I store dates with 00 in day or month, using mysql directly, then the DaDaBIK update screens for such field show those values as "01". Upon update, the values will be changed in database too. As you probably are aware, MySQL can be set to accept these invalid zero...
  4. M

Maxlength limit of 5 chars

Hi, storing the Maxlength as 5 character string in the internal database tables creates a fairly arbitrary limitation on the field size. Web forms, databases and PHP can handle more. I would consider an integer data type to be more appropriate for this use. Writing "100000" into the Maxlength...