Recent content by martinkoss

1. M

Custom CSS to HIDE Edit in Grid Rows

Got it... ['permission_needed'] = 'none';
  2. M

So if I set "permissions_needed = NO" then I don't need to have edit permissions set because the button will override the permissions setting?
  3. M

Ah. I thought the user had to have 'edit' permission in order for the function to perform an edit.
  4. M

You can't edit this item, the item is locked by user.

Not sure what's wrong with this edit form of a view. I have one usergroup set to be able to edit 2 fields on the form but when a user ('peter' for example) in the usergroup with edit permission edits an entry, the entry is not updated and then when the same user goes back into the entry to edit...
  5. M

ROOT user keeps logging out suddenly.

Oddly this hasn't happened now for many hours of working in Dadabik. Strange...
  6. M

Apologies if this is in the manual or previously discussed but I can't find it. What I would like to do is add some specific CSS in a VIEW page that hides the EDIT buttons from each row. I need the grid to have EDIT permission because I have a button (on each row) that updates the date on the...
  7. M

View Permissions keep going back to NO after saving.

Please accept my apologies. It seems I was clicking on the wrong SAVE button.
  8. M

I created another ADMIN user and the same thing happens with that user. A few clicks in the ADMIN area and it gets logged out.
  9. M

This is odd... I've been working in Dadabik on and off for a few months now and suddenly the ROOT user won't stay logged in. Every few clicks of Admin area and it logs out. Other users remain logged in fine.
  10. M

Regarding your question "Does it happen with table level permissions or field level permissions?" Table Level permissions are saved if I set them to YES then save they stay at YES. Field level permissions do not save the YES setting. I have created the view. I added the view to the page...
  11. M

The SQL is simply SELECT * FROM RedBook WHERE Job_Status = "Superior" Which is essentially the same as other VIEWS I have created previously with a different status, all of which work. The amount of columns is not huge and the same as other queries. There's only 9 rows in the query (currently)...
  12. M

Hello. I just created a VIEW. When I set the read permissions to YES for a user group and hen press SAVE, all permissions go back to NO. I've compared it to other views and can not see why it is doing it. Is there any obvious reason this would happen? Thank you massively for any help you can...
  13. M

Just want to say: Stay Safe.

It's not a Dadabik related post but I wanted to say please Stay Safe everyone. We've never known anything like this, so many people are ill (as I have been for the last 2 weeks), unimaginable numbers are losing their livelihoods and many have paid the ultimate price of all and lost their lives...
  14. M

Multiple "item correctly inserted." notifications for 1 insert.

Hi. I just spotted an oddity... On one of our Master/Details combinations, there's actually 3 sets of 'details' but when adding a record to one of these 'details' lists, when the record is saved and user returned to the Master, there is an "item correctly inserted" notification for all 3 of the...
  15. M

Show Insert Form after Insert?

Ah. Hmmm. Probably not ideal then as that leaves open the risk of the original record being over written. I can see this method causing errors rather than proving beneficial. Is there any way to prevent over-writing the previous record?