Recent content by jason

1. J

Wordpress Authentication Timeout Login Loop

Totally realize this is outside of the scope of Dadabik and applies to web server PHP config. Appreciate your help but won't take anymore of your time with this. Just thought our discussion might help others. I had set php_value session.gc_probability 0 so that garbage collection probability is...
  2. J

Thanks for all your suggestions Eugenio. I appreciate your help, this is a significant issue for my application. I added to config_custom.php: ini_set('session.gc_maxlifetime', 604800); ini_set('session.gc_probability', 0); I also added to the root folder of the webserver a .htaccess file and...
  3. J

My host provider locked the php.ini file and I tried to update it using putty and it still wouldn't work. I called the hosting provider and the recommended adding to a .htaccess file at the root folder php_value session.gc_maxlifetime 604800 It did not work. They also suggested adding a...
  4. J

Thank you for the response Eugenio. Unfortunately I'm on a shared server so my hosting provider won't let me modify the php.ini files so I can't control the timeout period as mentioned in your link. The Wordpress login logs Dadabik in, but after a period of inactivity when I try to use the...
  5. J

I have Wordpress handle my website and give the user an option to launch a dadabik app. Works really well but I found the iFrame a problem when navigating on mobile devices, so I have the dadabik wrapper call a page that uses javascript to pull the app out of wordpress and redirect to the...
  6. J

Custom Button on specific field of Insert and Edit form possible?

I discovered it was a custom .css in styles_screen_custom.css that was not allowing the button to render properly. The style of the button is .form_input_element_button
  7. J

Thanks Eugenio, that typo was not in the actual code, I must have added it when I pasted it in the forum. Anyhow, I saw that there was another user post about custom buttons not appearing and the user reported the next day they just started working. The same thing happened for me. My code...
  8. J

Read permissions need to be set to "My" but able to hide from menu?

Thank you FRW fo submitting the feature request. I think for sure that's a much needed feature in Dadabik.
  9. J

Read permissions need to be set to "My" but able to hide from menu?

In my application I have a lookup table "LUT_CITIES" that I need to be able to allow the users to read, insert, edit and delete data for, but I don't want LUT_CITIES to appear on the menu. I need the user to only be able to access it via the custom button. Is there any way to hide pages from...
  10. J

I can see the 'position_form' item but I can't seem to get custom buttons to appear at all. In custom_functions.php I have the following code: // CUSTOM BUTTONS $cnt = 0; $custom_buttons['LUT_CITIES'][$cnt]['type'] = 'php_standard'; $custom_buttons['LUT_CITIES'][$cnt]['callback_function'] =...
  11. J

Is it possible to add a button beside a field on the edit and insert forms? I have a form that has a lookup table "City". In the form when the user is inserting or editing, if the city they are looking for doesn't exist in the lookup table, I want a button to appear next to it they can click to...
  12. J

Formatting for Mobile Devices

I am finding the spacing, cell padding, margins as well as text sizes and fonts are not ideal for mobile devices. I understand custom .css can be applied with styles.screen.custom.css entries, but I don't really know where to start to be able to change specific items. I know basic .css, but how...
  13. J

2 Applications on same server

Thank you Eugenio. I'll give that a try. So there are tables with the prefix "dadabik" that are needed for installation...
  14. J

Remove "insert as new" button

Very good point David. I think I am at the point where this particular app is so customized that an upgrade isn't really an option for me.
  15. J

Remove "insert as new" button

Managed to hide it using CSS and it seems to be working. I added to "styles.screen.custom.css" input[value="Insert as new"]{ display:none; }