Recent content by guidancepca

1. G

Web data-entry application from an Excel file?

Hi, 1. Can the version of Dadabik I use generate a web data entry application from an Excel file? 2. If yes is it built on '1' excel file or can it point to different excel files? 3. If yes is the excel file(s) stored in the dadabik folder on the server or can it be on google drive...
  2. G

Upgrading to Newer Dadabik Version

Hi, I am successfully running the version listed below. I have 3 questions. I am thinking about upgrading to a newer version but do not want to run into any problems/extra work with an upgrade. 1. Are upgrades smooth? At the moment I view data using master/details view for items from many...
  3. G

uploading files

I think I have found it.... I now have config.php like ... 183 $upload_relative_url = 'uploads/'; and 190 $upload_directory = 'uploads/'; and it seems to work. I also have $allowed_all_files = 1; which i assume is the right setting. Thanks.
  4. G

uploading files

Hi, When lines from my config.php file look like: 183 $upload_relative_url = 'uploads/'; 190 $upload_directory = 'http://www.pcalearning.net/dadabik/uploads/'; I have .htaccess file in the 'uploads/' directory with the line 'deny' in it. I try to upload a file and get 'An error occurred...
  5. G

uploading files

You are using DaDaBIK version 7.3.3 pro, installed on 11-26-2016, the last version of DaDaBIK is 8.1-Lerici released on 09-05-2017 Hi, I am trying to upload a pdf doc as a field into a record in a table. 1. Am I right in thinking that dadabik looks to upload the file to the...
  6. G

You can't edit this item. The item is locked by user: xxx

Thanks. That sounds reasonable. Regards, Paul
  7. G

It almost seems like that after some time has passed....the 2nd user can go in and edit. Again, does this make sense? Thanks, Paul You are using DaDaBIK version 7.3.3 pro, installed on 11-26-2016, the last version of DaDaBIK is 8.0-Lerici released on 04-24-2017 You are not running the last...
  8. G

Hi, I have set up a table where 2 users can edit the same record. User 1 goes in and edits the record and logs out. User 2 goes in to edit the same record by I get the above error....it seems that the last user has locked the record and that the new user can not make any changes? Does this...
  9. G

Edit Details Page Format for a particular Table/Form

Hi, Is it possible to change Details page format for a given record for a particular table? The normal display for a record is: data_field1 data_field2 data_field3 Can it be altered to display: data_field1 data_field2 data_field3 If not ... no problem. Thanks, Paul You...
  10. G

Case sensitive User Login

Thanks. Just so I know. Regards, Paul
  11. G

Case sensitive User Login

Hi, I have set up users username: XYZ password: whatever The login allows both Upper Case XYZ (as registered) with password 'whatever' and also Lower Case xyz to login with password 'whatever' as well? Is that how it should be? i.e. The username is not case sensitive. Thanks, Paul You...
  12. G

Text Input large rectangle shape

Thank you. You are using DaDaBIK version 7.3.3 pro, installed on 11-26-2016, the last version of DaDaBIK is 7.3.3 released on 07-26-2016 You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK PHP Version: 5.6.26 mysql version: 5.5.52-cll Web server: Apache Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1)...
  13. G

Text Input large rectangle shape

Hi, On a From I have a 'Notes' field type: text content type: alphanumeric width: 150 maxlength: 1000 Is there anyway i can make the Notes input field on the form more rectangular say 6 medium rows like a block input similar to what I am typing in here rather than 1 long row? Thanks, Paul...
  14. G

Email of database updates

Hi, For: "you can add as many recipients as you want, bot in TO or in CC, e.g. $insert_notice_email_to_recipients_ar[0] = 'jon@my_provider.com'; $insert_notice_email_to_recipients_ar[1] = 'luigi@my_provider.com'; $insert_notice_email_to_recipients_ar[2] = 'tom@my_provider.com'...
  15. G

Email of database updates

Cool! Great. Thanks. You are using DaDaBIK version 7.3.3 pro, installed on 11-26-2016, the last version of DaDaBIK is 7.3.3 released on 07-26-2016 You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK PHP Version: 5.6.26 mysql version: 5.5.52-cll Web server: Apache Client: Mozilla/5.0...