Recent content by DukeJustice

1. D

To search ot not to search?

Hum... Got a problem here. I have a rich_editor text box I am very happy with. The thing is that when I search with this field... As soon as you type a word and press enter (normal reflex), I skip a line in the rich_editor textarea... Even if I remove the line break, the search will lead to...
  2. D

4.0 alpha: Configuration lost

¸yeah, use phpMyAdmin or else to backup just a table or all of them. I am running several 4.0 beta dadabik databases... I offer you to setup one if you can provide me with a sql backup of it... You'll then test it on my p3-256 ram, Mandriva 2006 home box. The offer is on the table... See my...
  3. D

3 user permission level (rather multi level)

Hey alpha2zee Thanks. Regarding you modified version, will it be a rogue version or will these mods be integrated as part of dadabik? I can afford modding time, but would find it a waste if it never got to be put in "production". I can take care easily of point 3... I wish to take point 2...
  4. D

question on drop down box (can this be done)

We can now use stored procs into mysql (5 over see http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/stored-procedures.html). I know I can mod my own copy of dadabik, but I'd rather give everyone something instead of beying my selfish self... If Eugenio prefers not to rely on external software to run...
  5. D

simpleLogin and multi-installation

wrong subject, sorry Post Edited (11-20-05 02:46)
  6. D

Hide start page data display

Hey Harry. If you got any questions, as simple as can be, write this thread, I just subscribed to it... I too was once a newbie in PHP and Linux. No questions have too "simple" answers. The internet is, to mee at least, a way to give back what I took from it. At one point in time, someone...
  7. D

Thanks Debbie. I did and found out. I can't use it because I want user to insert only, not modify not delete records... even their own. I wrote Eug on contributing to the project directly. Maybe you or him have a suggestion on how to go about this... Either per function security, or...
  8. D

4.0 alpha: Configuration lost

Wait! Not here! Wouldn't want to start a war but... When I add a field to a table and use the refresh installation... all properties on all fields remain intact for me... but the new field. Been using this function heavily for 3 days in a row now... Works just fine. Using dadabik 4.0 beta...
  9. D

Hi all. How should I go about creating a 3rd security level for users? (edit... version 4.0 beta) With or without delete verification, I can't make a normal user not delete or modify any record... Not even his... Insert only. I would like a "poweruser" level user to edit/delete/insert/view...
  10. D

Dear Harry. you'll have to make some decisions... or take some actions... or both... point 1: remove the search button... (almost exact as step one in first answer, but remove search instead of search all) point 2: if YOU (not your users) do not need the other functions/options in dadabik...
  11. D

Problems installing

Hi Izygor. You need to insert a table into your database. Use webmin, phpMyAdmin or else to log into it and add a table with few fields. Then access your install.php page to get the rest done. Happy dadabiking Duke
  12. D

Table with 800,000 rows very slow

Hum... With my understanding of how things such as memory reserved, indexes and all works in a service... I would try to have your EXACT database work on a Linux installation. It is my understanding that php and mysql do not behave the same in windows or linux... Something I heard with...
  13. D

I will try at this one too... This is what I suggest you do to solve your problems... This solution implies modifying only one single line of code in Dadabik... And completing around it so as least of it is touched as possible. Someone else may find something better, but here I go anyways...
  14. D

record fields length

hum, lemme try this one. To fit 100% width, I don't think it can be done. But remove fields you do not require in results page. This will diminish the lenght of your table. Also change the $word_wrap_col value to make it smaller in config.php... Hope it helps. Duke
  15. D

question on drop down box (can this be done)

Hi. I have a question regarding dowpdown boxes. Is it possible, with Dadabik, to have two drop down boxes that have information in them such as: 1st box, name of machines 2nd box, name of parts of machines But parts of machine are not to be found on all machines, so that the 2nd box would...