Custom Page Builder

tcarson

What's the best way to build custom pages/layouts with the fields from Dadabix? Would love to bring in the fields for use with WP Oxygen builder or Elementor Builders for Wordpress...Thanks

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
can you explain more in details what you want to achieve?
If you are looking for a DaDaBIK API to use the fields of a table into a custom page, at the moment it is not available. You can, however, use placeholders for getting the values of a recordset if you build a datagrid template.

Best,

bdp@gmx.com

I was looking for something possibly similar and couldn't see an answer.

I have two applications, one for data entry by the staff, and one for the public to look up.

I would like to customise the public app so it only shows a search box and shows the results once the search has been run. It's for looking up the Serial number of the product we sell and checking the date it was made and a few other details. I don't want them to look through all the serial numbers, I would rather keep other peoples serial numbers hidden from view.

Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

BDP

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
about the search form, one thing you could do is:
1) customize the search form of your table hiding everything except from the serial number (using the permissions tab in admin)
2) create an homepage that just do a redirect to the search form

About the fact that you want to hide some serial numbers, it is not clear to me what you want to achieve, can you explain more in details? I would say this is not related to the original tcarson's post so please open a new thread in the support forum.

Best,

tcarson

WP Oxygen builder or Elementor Builders for Wordpress are page builders that make it easy to layout pages/forms and so on....was just wanting to know if DaDaBIK fields are open to connecting to the builders for we can make custom layouts.

So maybe it looks like the answer is no right now but hope it happens in the future for we can present the data in a layout we choose to make and where we would like to show it.

Thanks

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
I am still not sure 100% about the details of your request, but feel free to post it in the feature requests forum (maybe adding some more details / examples), anything posted there is taken into consideration when we decide which features to implement for a new major release; of course we can't implement everything users ask but if I realize there is an interest around a particular idea, I surely take that into consideration.

Best,