Custom look up field

riminidev

Can we have a custom look up field added to the Filters , in the form based on a view?

I want to have a custom filter field (this is not part of view), Log Timeframe - with options 24 hours, 1 week, 2 weeks, 30 days

And have this get calculated on a CreatedDate column.

If this is not possible, any other alternative ?

-----------------------------------------------------------
You are using DaDaBIK version 8.1-Lerici enterprise, installed on 09-15-2017 , the latest version of DaDaBIK is 8.1-Lerici released on 09-05-2017

You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK

PHP Version: 5.4.34

mysql version: 5.5.5-10.0.19-MariaDB

Web server: Apache/2.2.25 (Win32) PHP/5.4.34

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
I would create an additional field in the view, that contains 1,2,3 or 4 according to the difference between current date/time and CreatedDate ... 1 if the difference is less than 24h, 2 if greater than 24h but less then a week and so on... then I would use that field as a quick filter.
Of course instead of 1,2,3,4 you can use strings like "24 hours", "one week", ....

Best,

riminidev

hmm...OK

What about displaying some label (text) in the form ? Ex: i want to give some instruction in a search

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
Is this related to the previous question?
If it is not and you are asking, in general, how to display instructions in a form the best way is to use the hints and tooltips parameters in form configurator.

Best,

riminidev

Hello

This one is related to my first question. I want to put Datepicker and give this as input to the calculation between this datetime and less than 24 hours...., instead of current datetime.
Please suggest how to achieve this.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
I don't think I have understood your question; anyway there isn't any built-in function that executes a calculation on the search parameters before executing the search. You need to have a field containing the value you are looking for (if you don't, you can create a view as explained in my first post) and the value is then compared with the filter value (using the search operator selected: equals to, less then, greater than, etc etc).

best,