Permissions to LDAP User

riminidev

LDAP User is getting all links and data, exception is data is not displayed for those based on Views.
When I logged in as root, I am not able to see LDAP User to explicitly give permissions on this View or remove any other.

Please suggest.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Which DBMS are you using?

I am not sure if I have well understood the problem: you give read permissions to a group for a table and the users belonging to the group can't see the table? Can you test if the same happens if you use normal (non LDAP) authentication?

Best,

riminidev

Thanks in advance for your patience.

When I login as root, I am able to see admin & default groups in dropdown in Permissions tab.

Any LDAP user will fall into which group?

I could see the ldap user in the mysql db table - dadabik_users. Where in the UI, I can see him to give/remove any permissions?

In Users tab, it is displaying:
Users and Groups

You can view and manage Users and Groups from the front-end of the application.

Which front-end it is referring to?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
I still don't understand very well your question. When you authenticate via LDAP, the user is alo added to the dadabik users table with the ID group you specified with the parameter $ldap_default_id_group (see config.php); the permissions are derived from the group the user belong.

Best,

riminidev

Got it. I missed the parameter.

Hopefully last question!

Links(Menus) in Left side menu - For Custom PHP pages and Reports (after saving the generated report and making it available for others).

Such links(menus) are not appearing in Permissions tab when logged in as "root".

These links are appearing for root ; default ; All ldap users ; Custom groups created by me.

Is there a way to have privileges for such Links also?

Internally i want to create a separate group and assign ONLY some links (menus) to it. Is this possible and how to do it ?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
custom pages don't support permissions as table and view pages.
You will be able to control permissions on custom pages starting (probably) from DaDaBIK 9.

Best,