Is this even possible with DaDaBIK??

ChrisG

I am using DaDaBIK is 7.3.2 released on 07-06-2016
PHP Version: 5.6.23
mysql version: 5.5.47-MariaDB
Web server: Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS) OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips PHP/5.6.23
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0 OWASMIME/4.0500

I am attempting to create an inventory type program to keep up with items so that we know how many of each we have.

Is it possible to create a form for "adding items" and "removing items" in such a way as to increment and decrement the quantities field for the products?

My thought would be that the two forms would interact with say a "products" table.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
the question is not very clear to me; can you provide more details? Which are the fields of those forms and the related tables? What does a user actually do?

ChrisG

I am still in the process of setting up tables in the DB and also the forms in DaDaBIK... so I can set them however is needed.

My end goal is to have a form that we can use to "add" products to the DB and a form where we can "remove" products. I know that we can use the "search" form to lookup products and then should be able to see the quantity of that product that we have.

I saw the Demo ERP that you have on your website. I'm guessing this is similar to that... except I do not need to invoice anyone. We will use this internally to keep up with our inventory.

ChrisG

Eugenio,
I've built forms similar to what you have used in your ERP demo.

I would like to be able to use a form to change the quantity of the products.

Example:
If I receive a shipment of 10 printers.
I enter the products into the database using the form.
When I do a "search" for the printers... or a "Show items"... I can see I have a quantity of 10.

Now... one of my techs need to take a printer or two for installation purposes.
I would like for the tech to be able to enter the quantity of printers he is taking without him having to manually change the product quantities field. So... if he is taking 2 printers... he would enter qty. 2 on his transaction and it would update the product quantity to 8.

I hope this makes more sense.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
So it seems you want a sort of calculated field (quantity) in a table, based on the number of records you have in another table. It is not a built-it DaDaBIK feature.
What you can do is to create a MySQL VIEW that represents the data you want (computing quantity based on the transactions table) and then install the VIEW in DaDaBIK.

Best,