Warning on Install

peterKa

After installing Dadabik I get the following:
Warning: is_readable() [function.is-readable]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/dev/urandom) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/faso/:/tmp:/var/tmp:/usr/local/lib/php/) in /home/faso/domains/fasobib.nl/public_html/info/include/PasswordHash.php on line 51

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
It depends on a restriction of your hosting service.

Wordpress, which use the same password library (http://www.openwall.com/phpass/) just added a @ in front of the command is_readable() in file PasswordHash.php (http://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/13429).

I think it is a safe solution even if we would like to investigate more.

Graphio

Hi Eugenio,
Trying to install the 5.1.2 version bought from your site Dadabik, obtaining the first page "INSTALLATION", containing the name of the database involved, but when I click Install >>> , the return is :
""Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /da512basic/program_files/install.php on this server. ""
although I can access this database with a single PHP request and get back what I want from it ;
so what ??? I've tried many config. , many times, obtaining the same alert on three different sites
(working with OVH, server PHP Version 5.2.17 MySQL 5.1.61 , Windows Vista, )
Thank you in advance for your answer, Jean-Marie.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
is the installation public?
If you upload a php file under the same dir (program_files) can you execute it?

Graphio

Hello Eugenio,
This is an installation on a server OVH, a provider I work with for over 10 years ;
I have successfully used PHP scripts from within program_files, and I have installed and used adminer-3.7.1.php to access the database, quite easyly, so the problem remains at the time. I remember you that I have used a version 4.2.... on a test 2 or 3 years ago, it worked very well ;
I hope w'ill find the solution, bye for now, Jean-Marie.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Can we see the installation on-line? If yes, please also upload another test php file under the same DaDaBIK path.
You can send the URL to support at dadabik dot org

Graphio

How could I show the installation if I can't install it ? Would you send me a particular piece of PHP code to test the procedure ?
I tried to install again the old (saved) install. in 4.2 version, it failed the same way...

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
What I meant was sending the URL where we can see the effect of pressing "install".
Any PHP file, even containing just echo "test"; is ok.

Graphio

Yes, I did it, for example with a phpinfo(); , and I receive the complete panel describing the usual (blue/violet) PHP, so every request made from within the folder is OK, except the request of Dadabik ;

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
please check if install.php and phpinfo.php (assuming the filename of the working file is phpinfo.php) have the same FILE permissions, probably they don't; if they do, please provide a URL to access your installation if you need further assistance.

Graphio

Hi Eugenio,
I placed phpinfo.php side by side with install.php, and both refused to execute the request ;
What is amazing is that putting the phpinfo.php one folder below, in /css, phpinfo.php returns normally the PHP info server...
the URL is
http://bientraitance.com/db4-test/da512basic/program_files/install.php

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
That's what I thought, so it is not a DaDaBIK problem but a problem related to the execution of PHP code.
Please double check the permissions of the folder/files to be sure that the webserver account can execute them.

PS: Please note that keeping phpinfo files publicly available on your server is not a good security practice.