own field type

mac2000

Hi, I'm interested in some docs/tutorials of how to make own field type for dadabik...

the problem is that i have 3 tables (for example users, pets, users2pets) in the last i have only 2 fields that are IDs of user and pet....

but when i config dadabik fileds types for this values to "select single" - adding new record can be as long as server can retrive 20 000 records to petsid select field and 30 000 to userid :( (it can be up to 5min for one record...)

so i want to create own field type with some feachures to filter and sort records in select field (like choosing keywords in Google AdWords)...

DebbieS

DaDaBIK Guru
did you look and search through the support forum? Lots of stuff there. There is also one post about adding extra sql statements. Search for extra mysql in support and also try interface configurator as a search.

To create new field type you would do that in business_logic.php in the section get_field_correct_displaying. You will need to add these new field type(s) to your installation (using tips from posts in above search suggestion) so they are available in interface configurator.