Hostmonster Login Problems

hakit

I'm having a problem getting my Dadabik to work on HostMonsters hosting site. The MySql users you create for the site all have the site name appended to the front, so my gis project gets a user name of mdwillow_gis , If I put this in my config.php file and add 'connect code' I get the following error:
----------------
Connected successfully
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'mdwillow_gis'@'host41.hostmonster.com' (using password: YES) in /home/mdwillow/public_html/address/include/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 358
[06] Error: during database connection.
DBMS server said
------------------
Hostmonster must not be allowing Dadabik to access the 'users_tab' table even though the user has all the permissions allowed.
Question ? does anyone use DaDabik with Hostmonster ?
Regards
Bob

DebbieS

DaDaBIK Guru
I don't think it's a problem with the users_tab ... the error you're getting is database connection error. Have a look at your config file and make sure that you have your host, database username and password set correctly.

hakit

Thanks DebbieS, I solved the problem.. you have to allow an external server, your domain IP , to access the MySQL database even though you are on the same hosting server or it uses the internal host address and gives that error msg. I have a connect string added in index.php .. not sure if I need it, but it's not bothering anything at the moment.