User Registration form and multiinstall package

marz

Hi
I decided to add a user registration form to dadabik because I got sick of having to go into phpmyadmin to add users. The only question I have is would it be easy for one of the senior coders to add in to the normal dadabik package.
I'm also working on a multi-tier install package that allows a separate site for guests from Members. (maybe I'll add admins too). As of now. The package have two config files(config.php and config-members.php, two install files(install.php and install-members.php), one admin file, two index files(index.php and members.php) and one internal_table manager.php (this will be for both for my site but I could try and make it work for a multi-database site too(mine is a single database site btw).
Hust was wondering where Dadabik generates the links across the bottom at?
Marz

DebbieS

DaDaBIK Guru
You can add users through DaDaBIK itself by switching to the users table. In my installs I added an insert link for the users table which is only available to admin users.

The links at the bottom are located in footer.php (and the top of the page is in header.php).

marz

ty debbie
but still the multi-install hack would be a nice package to have right? (presetup i mean)
DebbieS wrote:

> You can add users through DaDaBIK itself by switching to the
> users table. In my installs I added an insert link for the
> users table which is only available to admin users.
>
> The links at the bottom are located in footer.php (and the top
> of the page is in header.php).
>
>

DebbieS

DaDaBIK Guru
I don't think the multiple install needs to be pre-packaged because it is a user choice if they wish to offer DaDaBIK in that fashion or not. Because it is so easy to implement multiple instances, I believe it is better to provide instructions for doing it rather than bulk up the download with duplicate files that many people would not need.

marz

I understand DebbiS.
I also made it easier for the multi-installs by assigning variables in the config.php
$dadabik_admin_file
$dadabik_table_manager_file
So people would only have to reset those variables and not all the functions. (so my one can be used for a single install too)
I ran the swedish.php by a swedish friend and he says the swedish word for password is
lösenord.
Marz

zaas9191!

Hi, how would one go about adding a user sign up form? Basically so each user has their own login, which will tie into what my other post mentions: https://dadabik.com/forum/read.php?3,21528,21531#msg-21531

Thanks