contest for cool new interface

marbour

Hi Eugenio.

I can't seem to find any place to post my entries for the cool new interface desing contest.

So here they are:

interface1.jpg

interface2.jpg

interface3.jpg

interface4.jpg

(this one will require a background no-repeat in the css to work)

interface5.jpg

Personnally, I really like the last one.

I can make modifications to them, should it be required.

I put the company name at the bottom after mentionning DaDaBIK... But This mention can and will be amended as you see fit. I put my company name simply because you made a mention that the one chosen would have no other credit than his name.

All can be transformed very easilly into simple html code that can be inserted into your code.

Post Edited (03-26-07 17:50)

marbour

Hi Eugenio.

I have put up a working demo here: http://ci2.ca/dadabik_interface_test/

The only things changed are the link colors and background color in the css.

By the way... This interface, as it is, weights 32Kbytes. You may have to add 1K at max total for header.php and footer.php code...

I also put up some irrelevant data with one table being way too wide for the interface to show how it stretches to meet the data.

Check it out.

Regards.

Post Edited (03-27-07 00:55)

DebbieS

DaDaBIK Guru
Marc

First, I have to say I love the designs.

I do, however, have one question. How easy will it be to take any of these interface designs and integrate them into one's own web site design? Is the HTML/CSS simple enough to allow this? One of the things I liked about DaDaBIK was that there was not a lot of "designing" stuff that I had to work through or change in order to "fit" it in to my site.

Personally, I think the interface itself is fine as it leaves the design aspect to the user who will be incorporating it into their site.

Just my 2 cents.

marbour

Hi DebbieS.

It fairly easy.

The working demo had only 2 modifications in the CSS. The original html file was split into 4 sections that had to be incorporated at the proper places in the already existing code.

What I suggest is a trigger in the config, set it to 1 for the graphical interface and 0 for text based interface.

Based on this, the approximate 15-20 lines of code required to make it work can easily be encased into an if statement bypassed by the graphical interface set to 0. So it's not that much of a problem anyways.

As it stands... The interface weights 32 Kb so it's negligible.

As for your comment on the designe aspect being left to users, I must agree. I was simply replying to Eugenio's call for the design contest... Adding to that. again, the fact on setting the $graphical_interface = 0;...

Regards

marbour

Hi.

I was forced to remove some permissions from the interface.

Some wise kid always played around in the tables deleting elements.

Sorry for that. It's now almost permissionless.

If I get anymore trouble with it, I will be forced to remove it altogether.

Please keep me posted on the development of this request from Eugenio.

Regards.

marbour

Hi Eugenio.

Already 3 months since the original post.

Have you had any time to look for my comment on gratuity on DaDaBIK's index page?

Regards.