dadabik nuke install

D

Doug

I got it installed in php-nuke but after adding one record to a table,it gives me an error:
[08] Error: during query execution.

when trying do anything. I have authentication turned off because I couldn't get it to work.

any ideas?

F

fiets

Hi Doug,

Glad to hear I'm not the only one having problems with the phpnuke module ;-). Basically I understand
this is not the place to get help on the phpnuke hack, but maybe there is someone else who can help us out.
Till then and if one allows us, maybe we can exchange some experiences on gettin it installed in the first place.
I opened a thread on this problem on the forum where I got the phpnuke module but things seem to be dormant overthere.
In the mean time I opened a thread at this (http://www.karakas-online.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1701) phpnuke forum as well, hoping to hear explained the kind of phpnuke messages
I get after install.

If you're interested in exchanging experiences, here's a summary of what I did:

Install the 6.9 version of the phpnuke hack. Got it all (phpnuke and dadabik module) in one Database. Installed the example tables.
Works perfect.
Then I installed first my pre-existing dadabik flat file (which works perfect as a phpnuke independent dadabik application)
and that's where my problems started:

I get a "sorry no such file exists" when logged in as an admin in phpnuke and opening the dadabik module
I get a "this module isn't active" when approaching the dadabik module as a non registered user.
This applies to both my original non php nuke dadabik flat file database as well as a new one I configured analogue to the expample tables shipped with the module.
But not with the example tables that came with the module! They work perfectly. Obviously the MySQLtable(s) itself need a different structure but how/where?
I'm at a total loss now, and I don't know where to look further.

Please tell me what you did to install and how far you got, maybe somebody with more knowledge steps in along the road....

D

doug

I installed nuke 7.4, installed dadabik with no problems but I could not get the login to work at all. no matter what login/password I used, so I disabled it. The database works fine now that I took the spaces out of my fields.

S

Steve H

I had that same error for a While:

[08] Error: during query execution.

It went away when I uploaded another mysql database manually using phpmyadmin in my webhost config panel. Basicly, you have an error in the database and dadabik cannot proceed.

If you want, I can post the database that works for you to try it out. I too need to find support for this module in a big way - but there seems to be no support for it in nuke. If you know of any forums specificly geared to this module, Id be interested in participating in it, or working with someone who has used it alot.

S

steve

I am running PhpNuke 7.4. Am interested in the dadabik module but all links I have run across are either broken or unlinked. Could you please point me in the right direction.

Have you had good success with this integrated in nuke or better results as a standalone application?

TIA
Steve

marbour

Hi Steve.

Still interested in dadabik for php-nuke...

Read... http://www.dadabik.org/forum/read.php?f=3&i=289&t=289

Regards

marz

When I run the dadabik_installer from the admin menu, I get the errSorry, such file doesn't exist... ) when I click on the Install Dadabik button. I already installed the tables and edited the config file as the instructions told me to do but I can't get the modules installed under phpnuke 7.9.
Mail me some suggestions Thank you
Marz

marbour

marz

That is way too few information to get help.

What exactly is the problem?

What is the step that is not working?

Is that errSorry a nuke message of a dadabik message?

What does this mean: can't get the modules installed? Upload a module to a directory and it installs itself in deactivated mode (that is the nuke framework, I can't do nothing about that)

You can't run the installer from the admin menu. There is no such icon in the admin panel. It must be a module in the nav box. either active and visible, active and invisible or inactive (but for admin testing purpose).

now, let's start from the begining...

My email address is not hidden at all... You can get it by clicking on my username. I suggest we take this support request out of here. We are on dadabik's forums, not on dadabik for phpnuke's forums. By respect for the team as well as the people here.

Now... In the email you are going to send me... Tell me what are the exact steps you took...

1- Where you downloaded the port from? Code hacking is to be taken seriously and I wish not to support someone else's hack.
2- tell me you read ALL notes and mentions on my website prior to download.
3- What exactly you did to respect the install procedure to the the letter. (where did you upload the 5 directories?... etc)
4- what are the exact error messages/situation you have.
5- how can I reproduce the problem?
6- what is your website so that I can see what is happening? and replicate the problem...

I am expecting news from you via my personnal email. It will have to be this way since I have asked this thread to stop telling me when people reply to it.

Thank you.